The 12th Invest in ME Conference, Part 1
OverTheHills presents the first article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME international Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

generic valcyte cost lowering

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by heapsreal, Nov 5, 2014.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Just thought i would post this link http://www.alldaychemist.com/valgan.html

This is the cheapest i have seen valcyte at $6 a pill. Still expensive but much cheaper than a few years back, makes it within reach of alot more people.

Works out at $200 a month on 1 tablet a day, where it was something like $15000 for 6 months a few years back, that was brand valcyte not generic?

Just a warning, this drug definately isnt a do it yourself thing and one needs to be under the guidance of a doctor who is monitoring liver/kidney function and also white blood cells and neutrophils etc as it can suppress bone marrow production.

ukxmrv, Hanna, Bessie and 7 others like this.
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    Thought I'd add the ADC charges $25.00 for shipping.

heapsreal likes this.
  3. physicsstudent13

physicsstudent13 Senior Member

US
    to be honest these sites charge 3000% markup and it is ridiculous. there must be a cheaper site to order this online without a script

Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  4. redaxe

redaxe Senior Member

Does anyone on Phoenix Rising take generic Valcyte bought via online pharmacy?
    I have a script but the cost will come to about $2400 per month!

So that definitely means I should look at online pharmacies before I get started. I notice that alldaychemist only seem to let you buy 80 pills at once. Is there a reason for that?

Another option I have seen is this one here. But none of them seem to give you any information about what the Generic brand is which makes me a little unsure about the quality of the product.
    http://www.canadapharmacyonline.com/DrugInfo.aspx?name=Valcyte6576

5. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    i would email ADC and ask them about ordering more, i would also hit them up for free shipping if you were going to put a large order in.
    One reason why i think they may limit order size is that generally one cant order more than a 3 month supply of a med, obviously depends on dosage

6. redaxe

redaxe Senior Member

Thanks. I will do that. Of course I'm also a little nervous about buying such a large quantity of an expensive drug online as I guess there is always a risk it could get lost or damaged in transit but I guess that's the risk we have to take.

Btw I do have a doctor willing to monitor my liver/kidney function etc - I don't want people on the forum getting the wrong idea that I'm taking this stuff unsupervised.

heapsreal likes this.
  7. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Search their web page again, i understand possibility of a large expensive order going missing.
    I think they do have insurance to cover the parcel if lost or damaged??

redaxe likes this.
  8. redaxe

redaxe Senior Member

Thanks - have you used their product personally? I'd feel a little more comfortable if someone from these forums could vouch that the Valcyte supplied by these online pharmacies is legit.

9. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    No i havent used their valcyte/valgan but have used their other products. I probably will buy their valgan at some stage.

It seems to be a hot topic of late although not alot of recent threads psoted but have had quite a few pm's about valgan, hopefully they can share these experiences or i can share it second hand??

redaxe likes this.
  10. redaxe

redaxe Senior Member

Thanks - I guess I have no choice but to bite the bullet on this one.

I see this pharmacy has their Generic version on Backorder. I guess there must be quite a bit of demand for it.
    Interesting to note that they have the manufacturer listed - Apotex in this case
    https://www.canadadrugs.com/products/valcyte/450mg

11. SOC

SOC

Now that generic valgancyclovir is legal you should be able to get it from your local pharmacy. If you have a script, just ask the pharmacy to fill it with the generic. The mail-order pharmacy associated with my insurance switched me from the brand to the Qualitest generic a couple of months ago and now I only pay something like $10 per month, or whatever the standard price for generic meds on my insurance policy is. That's a big improvement over the crazy high price we were paying for the brand-name Valcyte.

I haven't noticed any difference with Qualitest generic so far -- not that it would be easy to tell if it was working as well, but I haven't had any new reactions.

redaxe and L'engle like this.
  12. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
    You can't buy from Canada without an rx I don't think

I just bought some from ADC.

They will reshipped if something gets lost but I doubt you can buy more than 3 months.

Some generics are still expensive. I pay $10 for my famvir but with other insurance it $90. And depending on your insurance depends on the tier.

It's all over the news that generics cost has gone up huge amounts. No way is it gonna to be $10 across the board imo

redaxe and heapsreal like this.
  13. redaxe

redaxe Senior Member

Unfortunately it's not quite so easy for us in Australia. Generic Valcyte hasn't hit the shelves yet and from talking to Pharmacists the impression I get is that it hasn't been officially approved yet. So yeah online pharmacies it is.
    I'm working on getting an order now from All Day Chemist and yes these guys do ask for a script. That does ease my mind a bit as it seems like they are doing it 'by the book'

On a funnier note I also made enquiries to another online pharmacy that quoted me about the same price. The website on the surface looks reasonably legit to me until you come across the address... That one gave me a good laugh, I'll think I'll stick with ADC :)
    • Address: Basement No. 1, Holy Cross Apartments, Off Parsi Panchayat Road, Near Shankarwadi Bus Stop, Service Road, Andheri East, Mumbai - 400069, Maharashtra,INDIA
    http://www.dropshipmd.com/about_us/

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    SOC likes this.
  14. Hip

Hip Senior Member

Has anyone here experimented with the low dose Valcyte protocol:

See more popular forum discussions.