1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(General) "Two Dark Side Statistics Papers" (blog post)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Jan 3, 2014.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

A January 2 blog post summarising two papers which have nothing specifically to do with ME/CFS or related conditions:

(i) False Positive Psychology: Undisclosed Flexibility In Data Collection And Analysis Allows Presenting Anything As Significant

(ii) How To Have A High Success Rate In Treatment: Advice For Evaluators Of Alcoholism Programs

http://slatestarcodex.com/2014/01/02/two-dark-side-statistics-papers/
    biophile, Esther12 and alex3619 like this.
  2. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I thought this part was worth emphasizing. Choice of protocols can massively boost apparent remission, without actually doing any better than placebo, or even when worse than using placebo. The choice of controls is critical. The choice of protocol is critical. What is being measured? How objective is that measure?
    Esther12 likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.