• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

General Survey re: Anti-virals

Butydoc

I had terrible aphasia and problems pronouncing words or processing words and hearing loss after taking rocephin, ampicillin, tinidazole, doxycyline, roxithromycin. I think it was the ampicillin even in single doses which did this to me and destroyed my hearing.
I think you still don't understand the risk of these drugs and the neurotoxicity. There is almost nothing you can do for aphasia and brain damage once the neurons are destroyed

I mean these antiviral drugs are toxic enough to damage viruses so they probably will damage healthy human cells. And there might not be enough scientific evidence to warrant treating EBV, CMV, HSV
Hi Physicsstudent13,

The drugs which you quoted above are antibiotics and anti parasitic not antiviral. These drugs as far as I understand will have no effect on viruses. I've use ampicillin for at least 30 years and never seen a reaction like what you are describing. All drugs have side effects. Every drug I have used, I weigh the benefits vs the potential side effects to make a decision about it's use. Very sorry to hear you are having such a hard time.

Best,
Gary

Sancar

Sick of being sick ~
Immunofan is another that looks interesting but havent tried, yet. I think its made from thymus extract, sort of a newer generation compared to thymalin, an older thymus extract.
http://www.bio.net/mm/immuno/1994-July/001614.html

@heapsreal - :balloons: Hi There, How r u doing these days? Did you ever “try or buy” any of products f om a Russian pharma? Im particularly interested in Thymalin?~ I see its been around a while, yet i havent come across any posts as to its effectiveness regarding a bacterial or virial load as its claim is. Also Pub med articles on its resistance and assistance ith Cancer and its treatments.

Any thoughts? Thanks much! I hope you r doing well down under~ Sancar :fish:

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
@heapsreal - :balloons: Hi There, How r u doing these days? Did you ever “try or buy” any of products f om a Russian pharma? Im particularly interested in Thymalin?~ I see its been around a while, yet i havent come across any posts as to its effectiveness regarding a bacterial or virial load as its claim is. Also Pub med articles on its resistance and assistance ith Cancer and its treatments.

Any thoughts? Thanks much! I hope you r doing well down under~ Sancar :fish:

Cycloferon has been the most helpful for me. I use it a month on and atleast a month off. I may do a couple of cycles like that then several months or more off depending on shipping etc. Does increase my nk function and generally to a couple of cycles when feeling more off then usual.

Never tried the thymalin but used immunofan but nothing significant from it.

My cfs has been worse since all the covid stuff as have had supply issues with the meds i take. Last few month my medication supply avs/abx have been consistent and slowly feeling better. Also currently on cycloferon.

Shanti1

Administrator
Cycloferon has been the most helpful for me. I use it a month on and atleast a month off. I may do a couple of cycles like that then several months or more off depending on shipping etc. Does increase my nk function and generally to a couple of cycles when feeling more off then usual.
Hi @heapsreal Where do you get your cycloferon from?
I was looking at these: https://cosmicnootropic.com/products/cycloferon Do you have an opinion on oral vs injection? Thank you!

heapsreal

I was looking at these: https://cosmicnootropic.com/products/cycloferon Do you have an opinion on oral vs injection? Thank you!

Last few times from cosmicnootropics. I prefer injections as I think they work better plus I usually have a shot every 3 days which I find more convenient than pills on an empty stomach, sometimes I will eat and then remember the pills.
With the pills I dosed 4 on Monday then 3 on Wed and fri, so basically used a sheet of 10 per week.
If you type LEO in the discount code I think it's still 10% off😉

heapsreal

From information I found yrs back, cycloferon can help keep natural interferon levels high for 48hrs. That's how I came up with the dosing frequency. There were some russian dosing protocols that were complicated as in frequency was changing alot. I found it easy to do injections either every 2 or 3 days.