August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

General Health News - New Zealand members

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by August59, Feb 22, 2011.

1. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I know we have members from New Zealand. Do we know if the earthquake in Christchurch had effect on them????? Anyone heard???

These pictures look pretty bad and they have already had 2 strong aftershocks. I'm sure there have been may more aftershocks, but not sure where they draw line at strong.

2. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    I just want to send my thoughts as well to anyone who is in Christchurch or who has family there. I have many friends in N.Z as i used to live there and am devastated to see what has happened there. xx

3. August59

August59 Daughters High School Graduation

Upstate SC, USA
    I was on a thread about a week ago and I can't remeber which one, but there was a PR member that was from New Zealand (I can't remember their name either). Hopefully we will hear from them soon.

4. OverTheHills

OverTheHills

New Zealand
    Hi all

I'm fine and my immediate friends and family are fine, thanks for caring.

NZ is a small country though, and almost every kiwi will know someone who is badly affected by this with so many lives, homes and businesses gone, missing or wrecked.

A grim time down here.

OTH

5. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

I'm fine, family fine.
    I'm in, or you would say "on" the North island. My husband felt the quake at his workplace here - a very tall building which is built to sway with quakes.

The effect for those out of the directly affected region that any significant event here feels local. Probably to do with our relative physical isolation, and our small size :)

We haven't heard from Antherder - she's in Christchurch. I started a thread in the Community Lounge yesterday.
    I think less than 50% of Christchurch City has power and there has been widespread damage so I guess it might take a while before she is able to post. Hope she is OK.

International search and rescue help is here from Australia and I believe on it's way from UK, USA and Japan.

Re aftershocks
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10708156

6. anne_likes_red

anne_likes_red Senior Member

Glad to hear you and your loved ones are ok OTH.

Things are very subdued out and about here.
    Lets hope today brings news of more survivors.

See more popular forum discussions.