1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
9th Invest in ME International ME Conference, 2014 - Part 2: Pathogens and the Gut
Mark Berry continues his series of articles on the 9th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London, with the emphasis shifting from autoimmunity to pathogens and the gut ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gene-Eden-VIR OTC antiviral for EBV,CMV and others

Discussion in 'Antivirals, Antibiotics and Immune Modulators' started by minkeygirl, Mar 3, 2014.

1. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Is Jim Jones alive and well on PR?

Left Coast
    I was Googling around this morning and ran across this. Has anyone heard of this?

Study: EBV Can Cause Encephalitis; polyDNA Recommends Gene-Eden-VIR to Target the Latent Epstein Barr Virus
    A study published on November 16, 2013 in the Spanish medical journal Revista de Neurologia found that “Infection by the Epstein-Barr virus (EBV)-either as a primary infection, a reactivation or an active chronic infection-can give rise to several clinical forms of involvement of the central nervous system (1).” polyDNA reviews the literature and recommends Gene-Eden-VIR against the latent EBV.

http://www.buy-gene-eden.com/index.php

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11462653.htm
    heapsreal likes this.
  2. Jon_Tradicionali

Jon_Tradicionali Senior Member

Zogor-Ndreaj, Shkodër, Albania
    Hi Minkey

Yes I tried it from September to December 2013 at cost of £55 for two bottles (i think)

I knew it wouldn't work, but wanted to feed my curiosity.

No symptom change whatsoever. Was initially told it would take 2 months minimum for effect. 4 months i tried it and nothing.... Then was told I needed one year. I said buzz off.

This is a PR con.

Don't waste your money.
    vli likes this.
  3. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    Thanks @Jon_Tradicionali I just ran across it so was curious. It says latent viruses. Don't think mine are latent.

I'm feeling frustrated since Famvir works great but I think it's really constipating me even at a low dose. I stopped it today and after missing a small dose I'm feeling it.
  4. Ema

Ema Senior Member

Midwest USA
    I think the ingredients themselves may do some good (likely at higher doses though)...but the price for this supp is way out of line for what it is.

I agree that it is more "marketing" than "research".
    minkeygirl likes this.
  5. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    I've had reduced symptoms taking this. The change was not obvious to me as it was happening, but I realized it when I remembered how I had felt before. This is how they predicted the change would happen.

The stuff is expensive and not magic. But I would say I had enough improvement to keep taking it. What I don't remember is whether I stopped to see if I got worse again. Maybe I should try that.
  6. minkeygirl

Left Coast
    I need my money right now to pay for stuff I actually know works so this will have to wait.

If you try it again, keep me posted on your results.

See more popular forum discussions.