1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Chronic Fatigue Initiative and Interview with Mady Hornig
In a follow-up article to the recent IACFS/ME conference presentation in San Francisco, and after speaking at length with Dr. Mady Hornig, 'searcher' delves deeper into the impressive work being completed by the Chronic Fatigue Initiative, and focuses in on those cytokine results ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gearing Up for the Big Search for XMRV - WSJ Article

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by JohnnyD, Nov 17, 2010.

1. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Congratulations Jemal and to all your family !!! :)
  2. Cloud

Cloud Guest

Yes, a period of mega off the charts stress, and the Hep B vaccine. I recognized illness onset after the second jab with the Hep B, but didn't put it together...after the third jab I was down for the count. I had no acute infections at the time of onset. From here it was a gradual progressive slide with severity. I went from mild-moderate-severe over the next 10 years. I have done many up's and down's, but never a full remission.
  3. Snow Leopard

Snow Leopard Senior Member

Australia
    Wait, did he say frequency? That sounds like he believes that XMRV is a real virus and potentially widespread.
  4. Jemal

Jemal Senior Member

Maybe we are reading too much into this, but it does seem like he at least believes the virus exists.
  5. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    Hi everyone, this virus has been sequenced, cloned, replicated and transmitted to animals. It exists, there is no doubt. That understanding does not commit him to find it in CFS however, though I think he will. Bye, Alex
  6. pictureofhealth

pictureofhealth XMRV - L'Agent du Jour

Europe
    Dr Shepherd at the ME Association in the UK has said that even UK Virologists believe that XMRV exists - they really want to study it.

The questions they do have however are: 1. does it actually cause disease in humans? or more specifically from our point of view, 2. does it cause ME/CFS?
  7. jimm

jimm

I do not trust shepherd, I have a freind who wrote to him and shepherd suggests in the reply that essentially that the uk retrovirologists do NOT beleive in the link to M.E....

See more popular forum discussions.