The 12th Invest in ME Research Conference June, 2017, Part 2
MEMum presents the second article in a series of three about the recent 12th Invest In ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

GcMaf week 8

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by naoise, Aug 22, 2015.

1. naoise

naoise Senior Member

Hi

I'm on week 8 of GcMaf/Hepeppresin. And I'm feeling awful! Bad cold, cough, headaches, earaches etc. is this normal? Will it improve?
    When should I start seeing improvements?

Thanks!

2. Sushi

Sushi Moderation Resource Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    I think it is usually about 3 months.

3. naoise

naoise Senior Member

@Sushi thank you. I'm glad cause at least I can give it more time but I'm hoping it will work!

4. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I began to notice something after about 3 months and at 6 months or so there were real improvements.

denmarkk likes this.
  5. naoise

naoise Senior Member

@Sushi ok so I'll definitely give it more time. And did you feel worse in the beginning? I feel so sick for the last week..head cold, sinus pains etc

6. Sushi

Albuquerque
    For one day each week--usually the 3rd or 4th day after the shot as that is when the most effect happens. Remember, this is a type of immunotherapy so your immune system might be functioning better and doing its job going after pathogens.

7. naoise

naoise Senior Member

@Sushi yeah actually maybe having this cold is a sign my immune system is kicking into place.
    How long have you been off GcMaf? Are you doing much better?

Sushi likes this.
  8. Sushi

Albuquerque
    I'm not off GcMAF. I've taken it for nearly 4 years with a few breaks when other treatments were giving me too much inflammation. What I hear from my others, and my own experience, is that whatever benefits you are going to get from GcMAF you will get in the first 6 months to a year. After that, it has been maintenance for me in order to maintain my gains. So, I'm not doing "much better," but I am doing better than before GcMAF.

9. naoise

naoise Senior Member

@Sushi i never thought about maintaining it. For some reason I thought after the 6-12month course is up that's it. But keeping it going every so often is a good idea.
    I hope I even see some improvement like you...it's better than no improvement!

10. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Everyone I know who started when I did, still takes it--that is if they can get it.

11. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe
    Yes it's normal to get sick. I remember i got quite sick after my first shot of low dose GcMAF, kinda like a viral infection. It lasted 3 - 4 days and then it cleared.

12. naoise

naoise Senior Member

@Thinktank thank you. I guess I thought being nearly 8 weeks into it is be seeing improvements

See more popular forum discussions.