• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF trial

GcMAF Australia

Dr Durham supply gcMAF??

I have edited this post (for the protection of the innocent):):);)
Hopefully the use of GcMAF will be recognised in Australlia soon
This is his post on another site-
"In my experience, when I thoroughly test an ME/CFS or Fibromyalgia patient, I have a 97+% chance of getting a positive for Borreliosis/Lyme Disease."

The chief australian Medical Officer has set up a committeee into Lyme disease in Australia. This will benefit all CFS etc people.
Note Lyme is being found in autism & GcMAF is being used for Autism.
Cheers
I will post more when I can

patient.journey

GcMAF.eu is fine. They just make a very concentrated form (designed for cancer patients I think) so that some patients will have to dilute it. They are also a commercial lab so they charge much more for GcMAF than some doctors do.

Sushi

Is there a chance for people to get infection from the GcMAF ? We know that they take it from healthy people ! What about if they have some infections and the labs dont tests excepts for the main big one ! What would happen ?

Thanks

patient.journey

I had some immune tests and I would like some help reading them

Lymphocytes count is 58% (High as the normal is up to 45%)
CD4= 994-39.8%
CD8=687-27.5%
CD4/8 ratio = 1.5
CD56= 266-8%
CD16=256-7.7%

There is no normal range for other tests so I would like a help reading them and if am missing other tests ?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Is there a chance for people to get infection from the GcMAF ? We know that they take it from healthy people ! What about if they have some infections and the labs dont tests excepts for the main big one ! What would happen ?

Thanks

It is well screened I believe. I have never heard of anyone getting sick from it.

Sushi

I will try starting at the same dose but for how long did you stay on it and when did you jumped to .2 ?

When did you start to feel Better and how much better you get after taking it ?

Omar, firstly I want to echo what Sushi has said about finding out the concentration of the GcMAF in the vial and work out how many nanograms is in there. This is really important. I started at a dose of 10 nanograms, which is really small. I wouldn't suggest starting at a higher dose. You can always increase the dose as you are tolerating it, but starting too high may cause you a lot of problems.

I started feeling gradually better. I don't remember exactly, but a few weeks after starting at the low dose, I began sleeping better and having better cognitive functioning. I also noticed that I was recovering from payback quicker than I previously was. Unfortunately, GcMAF hasn't helped with my other symptoms.

About how much and how quickly to increase the dose, that depends on what our bodies can tolerate. It will be different for everyone. The only thing I'd suggest is to go slowly.

Hello!
I from Russia.
I think that I am ill "New HIV-Like Virus"
As I have many symptoms described here https://sites.google.com/site/newhivaidslikeviruschina/home
All has begun 4 months ago the ambassador of a trip to Taiwan where I had a sex with the prostitute. I used a condom, but the virus was all the same transferred to me possibly through a kiss.It has occurred in April of this year.

I have handed over many different HIV tests, but result all time the negative.
These are my analyses http://forum.u-hiv.ru/_fr/28/2092699.jpg

Sushi

Hello!
I from Russia.
I think that I am ill "New HIV-Like Virus"
As I have many symptoms described here https://sites.google.com/site/newhivaidslikeviruschina/home
All has begun 4 months ago the ambassador of a trip to Taiwan where I had a sex with the prostitute. I used a condom, but the virus was all the same transferred to me possibly through a kiss.It has occurred in April of this year.

I have handed over many different HIV tests, but result all time the negative.
These are my analyses http://forum.u-hiv.ru/_fr/28/2092699.jpg

Hi Dimchik,

Very sorry that you are ill.

Are you asking here about the possible benefit of taking GcMAF for your illness? If so, there should be some information about this on http://www.gcmaf.eu/

Best wishes,
Sushi

Firestormm

Afternoon :)

For a moment there I thought someone was putting GcMAF through a Clinical Trial (thread title); and that really would be something I'd like to see.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you chaps :)

GcMAF Australia

Afternoon :)

For a moment there I thought someone was putting GcMAF through a Clinical Trial (thread title); and that really would be something I'd like to see.

Anyway, hope it all works out for you chaps :)
I believe about 40 universities are doing various things with GcMAF
I beleive a number of clinics are using it

patient.journey

Update : just had some test results and my ANA was positive for te first time !!!

The doctor say it might be normal as some patient have low normal while they are healthy cause it's a diffrent scale between patients ,,,

Positive is above 1.5 and mine is 2 so the doctor had a look in my past 5 ANA results and all were negative so he is thinking that is might be just the beginning of the ANA change or it might be wrong and he want to reapeat it in a week and those two ideas are because 2 is low and people with ANA have high numbers like 100-200 !!! Is that right for us too ?

The problem am afraid of right now is taking GcMAF as I read people with (high) ANA positive cant take it !! Who can tell me what does high mean here ?

Thanks

I have done some research on GcMAF after my Doctor introduced me to it recently. I have a few questions, and would truly appreciate any thoughts, that anyone who has some experience with GcMAF, could offer.

Forgive me if my questions may have been answered some place else on the forum - I struggle to read all of the relevant posts due to brain fog.

I have had CFS for two years now after catching a nasty virus. I would consider my case quite severe since I struggle to walk for longer than two minutes. I alsohave some arthritic symptoms that are sometimes associated with bad cases of CFS.

Effectiveness

1. How much benefit have you got from GcMAF (Sushi, GcMAF Australia - anyone else who's tried it)? Do you know of anyone who has recovered - or near recovered - by taking it

2. Are there any convincing clinical trials to support GcMAF's benefit in CFS?

I was quite disappointed in the website that my doctor referred me to. It claims "complete eradication in 90% of cases [of ME / CFS]". It then goes to complain about a low response rate, and eight out of 15 people recovering (which does not equal 90% eradication)! The webpage is also badly written and has a 'miracle cure' vibe about it

Risks

3. I get bad inflammation and stiffness, particularly in my hand and feet joints (e.g. fingers, knuckles, toes, wrist). I have not been diagnosed with any form of arthritis. However, my C3 and C4 complements are below the normal range (possible sign of Lupus) and my Ferritin (often considered an inflammatory marker) is elevated.

Would treatment with GcMAF pose a material risk in my case? From the above posts it seems to cause more inflammation, so maybe GcMAF is contraindicated if you have pre-existing inflammation? Also, I understand the treatment boosts immune response - this seems dangerous for someone who's immune system may be attacking their own body!

4. Is this one of those die-off / 'you have to feel worse to feel better' treatments? How do you know when to perservere with treatment, or when GcMAF is actually making you worse?

Practical

5. How much do you pay for one year of treatment (it seems expensive)?

6. I hear GcMAF can be damaged by heat. Can you generally rely on the courier to ship it correctly? There would be nothing worse than paying ~$1,000 for a 2.5ml bottle of a damaged product (apart from not having any way of knowing if it's damaged and therefore completely ineffective)! I live in New Zealand, which is a long way to ship it!

Many thanks for your time and any thoughts you can offer

Sushi

CFSNZ

We could discuss these questions in a chat more easily.

You can sign into chat in the lower right hand corner of the screen, then click on chat next to my name.

Best,
Sushi

GcMAF Australia

I have done some research on GcMAF after my Doctor introduced me to it recently. I have a few questions, and would truly appreciate any thoughts, that anyone who has some experience with GcMAF, could offer.
./.
Many thanks for your time and any thoughts you can offer

try the nz experts
Michael Kelly

Mobile:(027)4141030
Landline:(09)9506562
Fax:(028)25521475
40 St Benedicts Street
Newton, Auckland 1010
www.StBenedictsHealthCare.com

The GcMAF research initiative is looking for participants to give feedback on use of GcMAF. The aim is to collect and collate date on the use of GcMAF, from whichever supplier is used, in order to validate the marketing claims made by manufacturers of this product. In return, they are offering a 20% discount on the price of MAFActive, the low dose spray or dropper that has been developed for ailments such as autism and CFS/ME. Full details of the product are on the mafactive website, but to join the initiative and help with research into GcMAF, the website address is www.gcmafresearch.com. The trouble with GcMAF is there is a lot of hype and marketing and not too many guidelines, and the research initiative is hoping to turn that around. I hope you dont mind me posting this information here. Thanks

Sushi

The GcMAF research initiative is looking for participants to give feedback on use of GcMAF. The aim is to collect and collate date on the use of GcMAF, from whichever supplier is used, in order to validate the marketing claims made by manufacturers of this product. In return, they are offering a 20% discount on the price of MAFActive, the low dose spray or dropper that has been developed for ailments such as autism and CFS/ME. Full details of the product are on the mafactive website, but to join the initiative and help with research into GcMAF, the website address is www.gcmafresearch.com. The trouble with GcMAF is there is a lot of hype and marketing and not too many guidelines, and the research initiative is hoping to turn that around. I hope you dont mind me posting this information here. Thanks

I see that this is a homeopathic dilution of GcMAF and that the indicated strength, (to compare it with the injectible) is:

A drop of MAFActive 220 contains approximately 2 nanograms, one spray of MAFActive 220 contains approximately 5 nanograms. It is generally recognised that 4 – 5 nanograms should be the starting point for autism, or new users who are dealing with multiple coinfections where a healing crisis may be uncomfortable.
http://mafactive.com/frequently-asked-questions/

Could you comment on the differences between the drops and the spray and how long each could be stored without losing potency?

Thanks,
Sushi

mellster

Marco
I had some immune tests and I would like some help reading them

Lymphocytes count is 58% (High as the normal is up to 45%)
CD4= 994-39.8%
CD8=687-27.5%
CD4/8 ratio = 1.5
CD56= 266-8%
CD16=256-7.7%

There is no normal range for other tests so I would like a help reading them and if am missing other tests ?
Hi Omar, pls. verify this with your doc, but IMO the high lymphocyte percentage (of WBCs) read is classical for chronic infection/inflammation (if the read is persistent over time). Note that in absolute numbers they are often within range, meaning the total number of WBCs is low-normal and total lymphocytes in the normal to high normal range. Good luck with the MAF, it may very well help you.