• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GCMAF Questions

Daffodil

hi all. i am wondering if anyone on GcMAF has been testing their NK cell function...and if so, has it changed during the course of the treatment?

thank you

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
hi all. i am wondering if anyone on GcMAF has been testing their NK cell function...and if so, has it changed during the course of the treatment?

thank you

The answer is yes, but they haven't been published yet. I was tested before GcMAF and will be tested again, but the tests are usually spaced many months apart to allow for time for NK cell function and number to change.

The doctors who are giving GcMAF to the most patients are tracking NK cell function but we are waiting for the results.

Sushi

thank you
Hi,
I have been on GcMaf since 11/28/12. I take a very low dose due to side effects. after the first initial full dose of .25 ml I then reduced down to .1 ml once a week and stayed on that dose till 2/27/12 then reduced to 0.025 ml once a week due to high histamine causing severe allergies. I now take 0.025 ml about every 9 to 14 days. Just had labs done. My NK cells were a 9 before the GcMaf and now they are a 2 so it seems to have decreased my NK cells so don't know what that means, but it seems to have made all my virus IGG titers decrease so it is doing good things. Yeah. This is all very confusing so not sure what to think about how it works but I do feel better than I did before I started it even though at first especially, I do feel worse for a few days after taking the GcMaf and can tell which viruses it is working on. I think it might really work faster and better if I could increase my dose but just can't handle the high histamines so will keep on trucking at this snails pace. Good luck to all out there trying the GcMaf treatment.

Bykerchic I have the same problem with histamine. I dosed the Gc-Maf at 1/50th of a Noakes vial per week (added sterile water, preloaded syringes and froze). Felt better and tolerated for several months but this faded discontinued after about 4 months in favor of immunovir.

Also felt better on injectable thymosin beta 4 but also need to watch histamine.

I intended to retest NK cell function as Kogelnik indicated that Gc-Maf could increase it, but decided to just back off and rotate it with other potential immune boosters when I start the original Stanford valcyte protocol next month.

With anything even some oral meds I worry about potential histamine problems.

Shoesies

The answer is yes, but they haven't been published yet. I was tested before GcMAF and will be tested again, but the tests are usually spaced many months apart to allow for time for NK cell function and number to change.

The doctors who are giving GcMAF to the most patients are tracking NK cell function but we are waiting for the results.

Sushi

Well I haven't been around lately for an update but yours will be interesting to see. Still on GcMAF. Seriously considering titrating myself and buying from GcMAF.eu Dr. Bradtsreet is too expensive. I have had some progress in the last three-four months of treatment. My stamina has increased. I still have symptoms and still backslide some upon extreme exertion. Bradstreet said I had to start exercise which he wanted 3-5 miles of biking or fast walking. I got to 2 miles in 26 minutes for two weeks before a total crash. My immune results are still coming back all screwed up. They have decided my low/fluctuating thyroid is an autoimmune issue. My nagalase has remained the same. I have had a relapse in Epstein Barr twice and still positive for Lyme. I am stronger though. When I began GcMAF I was barely able to make the restroom from the bed without help. I am now able to fix light meals and do laundry. I have stopped the exercise even though the Dr is blitching about it. They are after me for total strict Paleo...some days it is easy some notso much. NK tests with immune function updates to come. The husband is very ill now too and they are in testing for him. He is also on GcMAF. I am at a loss as to what the hell we really have and what will heal us...but GcMAF helps and as long as I can afford it I will take it.~ Holding on in NGA.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
...Bradstreet said I had to start exercise which he wanted 3-5 miles of biking or fast walking. I got to 2 miles in 26 minutes for two weeks before a total crash...

Hi Shoesies!

What is he thinking? Or reading! :confused:

That does seem a bit nuts.

Sushi

aquariusgirl said:
Who's your doc bykerchic?
IDK but he and the other drs think they know it all. Pushing exercise and they are nuts.
I see Dr Karen Bullington a Fibro/ME/CFS Dr who works under Dr Holtorf but I started the GcMaf on my own and just report to her how things are going and ask for lab work from her but can't seem to get a nagalase test so don't know what baseline was or whatvit is now after being on the GcMaf.for 2 years. She has been very supportive and does not support pushing exercise. Read an article that states that those of us with exercise intolerance lack or have a low enzyme that removes lactic acid from our muscles so thus the reason we have this isue after exercising and recommends to avoid foods containing lactic acid. Good luck to you.

I was told to take antihistamineseemAF and have continued to do so.

Sushi
I also take antihistamines and started with quercitin and Hisdaq but the best ones seem to actifed, benedryl and phenergan for me, but it was still not enough help to increase my dose. I was living in hell my allergies were so bad until I decreased my dose. Still seeing progress though so I'm OK with that.

GcMAF Australia

Well I haven't been around lately for an update but yours will be interesting to see. Still on GcMAF. Seriously considering titrating myself and buying from GcMAF.eu Dr. Bradtsreet is too expensive. I have had some progress in the last three-four months of treatment. My stamina has increased. I still have symptoms and still backslide some upon extreme exertion. Bradstreet said I had to start exercise which he wanted 3-5 miles of biking or fast walking. I got to 2 miles in 26 minutes for two weeks before a total crash. My immune results are still coming back all screwed up. They have decided my low/fluctuating thyroid is an autoimmune issue. My nagalase has remained the same. I have had a relapse in Epstein Barr twice and still positive for Lyme. I am stronger though. When I began GcMAF I was barely able to make the restroom from the bed without help. I am now able to fix light meals and do laundry. I have stopped the exercise even though the Dr is blitching about it. They are after me for total strict Paleo...some days it is easy some notso much. NK tests with immune function updates to come. The husband is very ill now too and they are in testing for him. He is also on GcMAF. I am at a loss as to what the hell we really have and what will heal us...but GcMAF helps and as long as I can afford it I will take it.~ Holding on in NGA.
The GcMAF.eu site suggests looking at 1,25 vitamin D levels, the Lyme maybe blocking the VDR receptor.

Shoesies

Vit D 1,25 was off the charts on initial testing. It has come down as inflammation has reduced. I am still progressing. Scheduled for surgery this week. Sinus infection +six months...so we are dealing with it. I pray no relapse. Thanks for the response. My next months GcMAF is coming from gcmaf.eu wish me luck!!

The GcMAF.eu site suggests looking at 1,25 vitamin D levels, the Lyme maybe blocking the VDR receptor.

Shoesies

Hi all. Things continuing to progress well on GcMAF with the other herbals, supplements and probiotics/diet. I have energy, lots of it. So much in fact, I must stop myself from doing things. Going back in the studio soon and live sets start again in the next few weeks. I hope you are all having an "up" day. One thing this journey has taught me is to appreciate LIFE. I spent twenty rocking on the front porch today during a downpour. It was beautiful. I intend to spend some time on my back in the grass this weekend and watch the meteor shower. As I watch the stars fall, I will make a wish for your days to be brighter too. Holding out hope that I never go back to the dark hell hole I was in for 8-9 months recently and no more pattern of relapse for these many years. I want to be DONE. <---yeah, I know.

Am off to Vienna for two days , will explore new Gc MAF development and its comparison to MAF 878
Derek Enlander MD
i really look forward to hearing more Dr Enlander. I'd love to know of your findings form the conference of the differences between 878 yoghurt and Gc MAF

Cheers