• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

gcmaf homeopathic

Symptomatic

Yes, I'm not sure the KMAF works either. Will keep you posted.

As for the Benicar, I was on 40 mg 2X/day from August 2011 through the end of October 2012. At that time I increased to 40 mg 4X/day, which is where I'm at now.

I was making good progress with the 1,25D and hypercalcemia on 40 mg 2X/day (plus Mino and ZIth), but then started losing ground. I was also on LDN (still take that), and Curcumin and Malarone. I felt either the Curcumin, the Malarone, or both were causing the regression. Stopped Curcumin at the end of July 2012, and stopped Malarone mid-December 2012...waiting to see if my numbers have normalized again. But we also upped the Benicar to 4X/day to see if that would help as well.

Symptomatic

I didn't...don't even know what that is.

Edit: I think you must mean nagalase (not nebulase), and I did have that test run.

golden

I didn't...don't even know what that is.

Edit: I think you must mean nagalase (not nebulase), and I did have that test run.

Oh :( I did, sorry!

I keep on saying McGaff instead of GcMaf too!

I have been told that unhealthy people don't have GcMaf but have high levels of Nagalase

(Nagalase blocks maf attachment to Gc )

To get rid of Nagalase inject Gc maf directly which then cannot be attacked by the Nagalase .

Simples :(

This blood test is supposed to show up in M.E. people similar to HIV people etc. and so would surely be an excellent marker and bit of paper to shuv down the NHS doctors mouth to chew on - which would also have a secondary advantage of keeping their mouth busy so they can't spout anymore rubbish.

:)

ukxmrv

Golden, I didn't have the nagalese test before starting MAF314 as it wasn't readily available to me (lack of money, doctors etc).

Recently I had a talk with a patient who has been receiving MAF314 through one of the pioneer CFS doctors. I've been asked not to mention his name.

It appears that this particular doc has been rethinking the use of the MAFs (he uses MAF314 and Gc-MAF). Also been rethinking the role of nagalese in his CFS patients. Some of them had suffered terrible relapses of their core CFS and ME symptoms after months on one of the MAF's.

It appears that in these patients if the nagalese falls to a certain limit (and this doc is currently evaluating his cases) the CFS symptoms can come back with a vengence.

Looks like it may be that CFS is more complex than other conditions that Gc-MAF is used for and that the nagalese is more complicated.

golden

ukxmrv,

thanks!

Do you know, this is what my gut tells me too.

Its the same with certain supplements.

I don't like forcing the body down one narrow pathway like this (a lot of drugs do this) because it interferes with such a multi Tue of complex processes.

A doctor and a botanist said he preferred herbs as they are a whole substance as opposed to an isolated component, but they could be:

Adaptogens

These are key because they work to bring the body simply to balance if it needs more, or less of something, the Adaptogens will support this!

I also am concerned of the severity of the crashes occurring from supplements. The body will react violently if its not being listened to and if its being pushed in the wrong direction I believe.

ukxmrv

I won't be swapping my MAF314 for an plant treatments in the short term, Golden. Have already seen herbalists of different types and no luck for me there so far.

If Dr Weil comes up for a plant treatment for ME I'd be delighted and happy to try it though. Agree that it does feel as if we are thinkering with complex systems. Dr Chia has looked at chinese herbs for his treatment I think so there are thinkers in that area.

I'm not fussed as to where a treatment comes from, just as long as it works. MAF314 has been the best thing I have ever tried.

golden

ukxmrv,

i had to look up MAF 314 :(

I am learning slowly.

http://cfspatientadvocate.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/maf-314-professor-marco-ruggiero.html?m=1

This tells me it is a super probiotic .

This is interesting because I have seen several sources who have placed much emphasis on gut health.

I have been taking live saurkraut (definitely NOT pasteurised) miso , tamari , but the biggy I was told to take was kefir .

I haven't been able to make it yet and I am flustered by the idea!

i will make additional efforts now :) thanks!

I fully was expecting to have a bad reaction from eleutherococcus, partly because on an old book- c.f.s a treatment guide it states:

ginseng is a tonic and stimulant. although it possesses enormous therapeutic benefit for common ailments , its usually not recommended for CFIDS. Ginseng stimulates the adrenal glands and can increase production of interferon . because most CFIDS have excessive interferon production and endorsing abnormalities, ginseng may increase symptoms.

However I am reading Dr weils article and having my own experience of ginseng. It seems to suggest its an ADAPTOGEN which would explain why the book has got it wrong.

I have actually contacted Dr weil just in case he has any M.E. theories and advice as you gave me the idea :)

The must frustrating part has been not knowing where to start. And starting in an are which just exasperated the whole problem. Even my visualizations are not focused like with other illnesses and hAve to remain general.

I always am very pleased to hear people finding something that helps :)

I think I m more inclined now to want a natural, plant, herbal or homeopathic intervention now unless it was an acute emergency case.

This is because I have really suffered from the daily antibiotics for years, I got the most terrible physical pain after Ro-accurate, drug manufacturers are proclaiming most of their drugs don't actually work beyond placebo level. And hAve sometimes extremely severe side effects.

Its not to say Herbal medicine doesn't either ..but

I am disillusioned with (most) drugs the more I have learned.

Xandoff

Michael
I visited the GcMaf.eu website the other day ( this is where I get my GcMAF) and I found that they had a recent in house study seemed to indicate that taking low dose naltrexone interfered with GcMAF therapy. This rings true for me, although my Nagalsase levels have dropped and I have some cognitive improvement. I would like to hear any "stories" or experiences out there about this. Thanks!

Xandoff

Michael

As for the Benicar, I was on 40 mg 2X/day from August 2011 through the end of October 2012. At that time I increased to 40 mg 4X/day, which is where I'm at now.

I was making good progress with the 1,25D and hypercalcemia on 40 mg 2X/day (plus Mino and ZIth), but then started losing ground. I was also on LDN (still take that), and Curcumin and Malarone. I felt either the Curcumin, the Malarone, or both were causing the regression. Stopped Curcumin at the end of July 2012, and stopped Malarone mid-December 2012...waiting to see if my numbers have normalized again. But we also upped the Benicar to 4X/day to see if that would help as well.

Please see my post here on the GcMAF about Low dose naltrexone and GcMAF.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I visited the GcMaf.eu website the other day ( this is where I get my GcMAF) and I found that they had a recent in house study seemed to indicate that taking low dose naltrexone interfered with GcMAF therapy. This rings true for me, although my Nagalsase levels have dropped and I have some cognitive improvement. I would like to hear any "stories" or experiences out there about this. Thanks!

Hi Xandoff,

Could you give us a link to the information about GcMAF and LDN? I couldn't find it in a quick search.

Thanks!
Sushi

Xandoff

Michael
Hey Sushi,

If you go to www.gcmaf.eu and then click on ME CFS.....you will find this simple statement.

Why do some people get worse?

Unfortunately viruses are clever things. In the case of ME it seems they can block the VDR, conceal themselves with biofilms, and when their lives are threatened by an immune system rebuilt by GcMAF, they can arise from their dormant state and go on the attack, which can utterly exhaust you. (So rather bizarrely, we can eradicate stage 2 cancer more easily than ME.)
For that reason you should start GcMAF with small, 0.05ml increasing doses, and reduce the dose if your viruses wake up.

But some people never experience this and simply improve.
Preliminary results from our trial show LDN blocks progress while on GcMAF.

Hope this helps. LDN does help me with pain, but not enough to chance taking it anymore. IMHO

Sushi

Xandoff
Thanks for the quote. I was interested because I take both.

I was taking LDN when I started GcMAF and have continued and did make considerable progress from GcMAF. When I have experimented with stopping LDN, I lost some ground.

The patient I know of who has had the most dramatic improvement with GcMAF has also been on LDN the whole time too and when he tried stopping it he also felt worse. So maybe this is another thing that varies from individual to individual.

I don't take LDN on the day of the GcMAF injection though and LDN has a short half life, so maybe this is also a factor.

I am seeing KDM on Monday and he may give some new pointers on GcMAF therapy.

Best,
Sushi

Symptomatic

Update: had bloodwork run last week; calcium was at high end of normal range (but at least it was in range, and not above), but the good news for me was that my CRP was down to 4.5 (typically 8-ish, has been up near 16 once), the only other time I've ever had an in-range number for that was way back in 2004 (and it was high in 2003). Not sure what to attribute this to, but I'm glad to see the number there. I need to see a few more in-range before I get too excited, but hope this means I'm heading in the right direction.

Xandoff

Michael
I had the opportunity to speak with David Noakes at GcMAF.eu many months back, not about the LDN issue but about the need to supplement with Vitamin D3 while on GcMAF from GcMAF.eu. Although I don't want to quote him because of my bad memory he said that different versions and strengths of GcMAF act differently. I will be speaking with my Doctor who put me on the LDN & GcMAF and see what he thinks. I have become deconditioned and have lost a lot of weight because of going off my pain meds over 13 months ago. I am better on GcMAF, and I was better on LDN so we will see what my Doctor says about. We are on the threshold of medicine where there are no answers yet.

Symptomatic

We are on the threshold of medicine where there are no answers yet.

So very true! And we are all so different; taking Vit D3 (while on GcMAF or not) would be devastating to me as it would result in hypercalcemia. I wonder what Noakes et al would say to someone in my shoes?

Sushi

Golden, I didn't have the nagalese test before starting MAF314 as it wasn't readily available to me (lack of money, doctors etc).

Recently I had a talk with a patient who has been receiving MAF314 through one of the pioneer CFS doctors. I've been asked not to mention his name.

It appears that this particular doc has been rethinking the use of the MAFs (he uses MAF314 and Gc-MAF). Also been rethinking the role of nagalese in his CFS patients. Some of them had suffered terrible relapses of their core CFS and ME symptoms after months on one of the MAF's.

It appears that in these patients if the nagalese falls to a certain limit (and this doc is currently evaluating his cases) the CFS symptoms can come back with a vengence.

Looks like it may be that CFS is more complex than other conditions that Gc-MAF is used for and that the nagalese is more complicated.

Hi ukxmrv,

I know the doc and data you are referring to and it is interesting. But, other doctors haven't reported these relapses when nagalase got to the normal range or below. This has made me wonder if other aspects of this doctor's protocols might be involved in this phenomenon. This doc's protocol for GcMAF was different than most of the other doc's giving it plus there were other different elements in the overall protocols.

Sushi