• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

gcmaf homeopathic

Xandoff

Michael
I just ordered my GcMAF today. Apparently because of a drop in the pound or Euro it cost me approx $892.00 for one vial. The great news is that you can order it over the phone with a credit card. My understanding before this was that you had to transfer your money from one bank to another. This was much easier. I caution anybody who is near in this process to call their credit card company first and tell them to approve it. Because it looks fraudulent (it's not) my Credit Card declined it so I had to call them and then e-mail them across the pond again. A very pleasant English speaking woman helped me navigate this and it was almost midnight "over there".

froufox

Thanks Mellster, I must have missed that you were starting the yoghurt....yeah doing both would be way too strong! Good luck with the MAF anyway....the MAF 314 helped my gut quite a lot so I hope you experience the same benefits.

suzanne

Can anyone update on their use with homeo K MAF.
I am interested as I have been hit so hard with inflammation on the GcMAF. 4 weeks and I am still not ready to start back on GcMAF due to symptoms (rolling migraines, intense itch and back and hip pain)
I am having a range of tests re run by my dr ( inlcuding calcium, at Sushi's suggestion).
I wold love to hear from anyone taking the homeo version to find out if you are having the same troubles.

Daffodil

maybe this back pain is coming from spinal inflammation because the infection is in the spine and the gcmaf is causing the macrophages to kill it and this is causing the problems...?

no idea but a nice thought...

GcMAF Australia

The way I see it is that kMAF contains
1. a part that is homopathic
2. The "GcMAF" activity which is either GcMAF or a peptide piece of GcMAF
In a new territory here

suzanne

Hi all

I am after some advice/ experiences with dosing KMAF

Here is my story to date about GCMAF and dosing / reactions:

I have been off the GcMAF for about 3 months and have stabilised in the main but still have some hip aches that I did not have before I started. I initially took it once a week for 4 weeks- dose was 20ng. At the 4 week mark I was bed ridden with back and hip pain and felt awful- just unwell. In the early weeks I felt unwell for the first 3-4 days and then felt noticably weller for day 5, 6 and 7.

I am nervous about trying the GcMAF again , too soon, as the inflammation has still not settled (how long does it take!). I am feeling pretty awful though with a lot of headaches, migraine and itch...my usual symptoms and so am wanting to trial something. I have developed plantar warts on my feet and a wart has come up under my tongue . My immunologist says that these are symptoms of my immune system under performing and sits comfortably with my results ( shame they cant tell me what might make me better)

In desperation I have trialled the tiniest dose of transfer factor ( a few grains ) on day and felt a bit better .
2 days later I took another few grains but the second dose has tipped me over the edge. Inflamed back and hip, serious itchy skin and just feel awful.

I have ordered on line some KMAF, and am thinking of trialling that when it arrives. Is it ridiculous to consider taking a dose of 1 drop twice a week to start with? I am now nervous about what happens when I crank up my immune system.

If anyone has an experience with the KMAF, can you let me know. I have read here that some have trialled 10 drops every day, but I am almost sure that would be too high for me

Forebearance

I want to warn everyone about something.

Last Wednesday, I ordered some K MAF from the BioPure website. Two days later, fradulent charges appeared on my credit card. I can't prove it was related, but the only other time I had a credit card number stolen was right after I ordered something from another German website.

I talked to my banker about it, and she said that it is very easy for hackers to steal Americans' credit card numbers when they buy things from foreign websites. She suggested that we should use an expendable credit card when making those purchases, like a rechargeable Visa or a Visa gift card. Then load the card with just enough money to buy the item. Then if it gets stolen it's not such a big deal.

Sigh. I hope nobody else has to go through this. It has been a pain to wait for my new credit card.

On the good side, the exchange rate seems to be good for the dollar right now. My bottle of K MAF was only $77.

Fore

Forebearance

I wonder if the BioPure website is even secure when you check out. I should have paid more attention to that. I looked just now and didn't see any symbols of security.

alice

I wonder if the BioPure website is even secure when you check out. I should have paid more attention to that. I looked just now and didn't see any symbols of security.

Would using PayPal be safer. I have only used PayPal one time, so not really familiar with it.
alice

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Would using PayPal be safer. I have only used PayPal one time, so not really familiar with it.
alice

I would think that PayPal would be safer. I have used it for European purchases.

Sushi

P.S. European credit cards have chips on the front which is a security protection. US ones don't--so maybe that makes Americans "sitting ducks" when ordering from European sites.

Symptomatic

I just bought some more yesterday, and when I finally got to the payment page, it seemed to have security of some type. The first few pages of the ordering process did not have the same security.

Forebearance

Thanks for that, Symptomatic. I'm glad the site has some security. I hope nobody else has their credit card number stolen because of ordering from them.

Fore

alice

Could some of you who are taking or were taking KMaf please update. Thanks

My doctor had me start on a sample bottle containing only 30 ml. The directions were to take 5 to 15 drops 3x day. I started with 5 drops 1 X day and quickly went up to 10 drops 2 X day and then stayed there. I really did not notice any difference. The 30 ml.dropper bottle did not last very long. I did not pursue it further. I became ill with a cold which lingered since January and then morphed into bronchitis, I just can't seem to get rid of it. I'm now on antibiotics which will hopefully help with the bronchitis..
I just did not feel well enough to continue KMaf at the time, for fear other problems would crop up. I need to get in touch with my practitioner to see what results some of his other patients are having with KMaf vs other GcMaf and get with the program again.

I have lymphocytic colitis and I am a bit concerned that GcMaf/KMaf might have contributed to worsening diarrhea, but don't really know. Even though I haven't been on maf for several month - the colitis flares at times anyway.

Appreciate any feedback.

alice

Symptomatic

I've been on KMAF since the end of October, 2012. Took a path much like yours, started at 5 drops 1X/day, then quickly up to 10 drops 2X/day, where I have stayed.

As far as how I feel, I don't feel different. Not better, not worse. I don't know if my nagalase has come down since I haven't had it retested. I see my doctor in early April, figure we'll tackle nagalase testing then and I will certainly report here when I have that number (they are slow with results). If nagalase isn't going down, I'll probabaly move towards GcMAF.

I have several different areas of issues: my high 1,25D and hypercalcemia, my high nagalase, my immune deficiencies, and my methyl cycle issues (identified as potential issues by 23andMe testing, verified by HDRI methylation testing which I just received). So I'm trying to tackle multiple things at once, which at times makes it hard to pinpoint exactly what's happening with what.

Sorry not to be of more help.

alice

I've been on KMAF since the end of October, 2012. Took a path much like yours, started at 5 drops 1X/day, then quickly up to 10 drops 2X/day, where I have stayed.

As far as how I feel, I don't feel different. Not better, not worse. I don't know if my nagalase has come down since I haven't had it retested. I see my doctor in early April, figure we'll tackle nagalase testing then and I will certainly report here when I have that number (they are slow with results). If nagalase isn't going down, I'll probabaly move towards GcMAF.

I have several different areas of issues: my high 1,25D and hypercalcemia, my high nagalase, my immune deficiencies, and my methyl cycle issues (identified as potential issues by 23andMe testing, verified by HDRI methylation testing which I just received). So I'm trying to tackle multiple things at once, which at times makes it hard to pinpoint exactly what's happening with what.

Thanks Symptomatic. Please drop a note after your April appointment. When I come up with more information, I'll do the same. I have had my nagalase retested and it came down just a bit, and so I have a ways to go before it is down to .95 (or whatever the normal number should be).

Seems like so many are doing the 23andMe testing. I'm thinking about doing it too except I don't understand anything about it so don't know how I would go about interpreting it to be meaningful..

Symptomatic

Hi Alice,

Glad to hear your nagalase is coming down! What was it when you started, and how long were you on the KMAF when you had it retested? What did it come down to?

Mine was 1.80 back in early October when I had my blood pulled for the nagalase test.

GcMAF Australia

Hi
High 1,25D is reportedly treated with benicar

alice

Hi Alice,

Glad to hear your nagalase is coming down! What was it when you started, and how long were you on the KMAF when you had it retested? What did it come down to?

Mine was 1.80 back in early October when I had my blood pulled for the nagalase test.

Symptomatic, I was on GcMaf from The Netherlands from middle August until end of Oct. 2012, so about 12 weeks. I started at 0.02 ml (10 ng) and ended in Oct with 0.15ml. My main problems were headache and extreme fatigue.

The reason I stopped gcMaf at this point was because of food poisoning that I was not aware of having except I was having horrible diarrhea and stool test showed e coli food poisoning. Around the same time I also had a routine colonoscopy which showed that I have lymphocytic colitis. I don't know whether the food poisoning caused the colitis. I am still dealing with the diarrhea although I am taking a bowel antiinflammatory.

Around mid-November I ask my doctor about KMaf hoping that it would be somewhat kinder to the system. He gave me a 30 ml sample bottle which did not last very long. I did not pursue it further because I have not felt at all well since the beginning of the year. I had several colds and now bronchitis. I got to thinking too, that maybe somehow the Maf was making the diarrhea worse. I'm just not in a real good spot right now - I just want to feel better.

My Nagalase went from 2.90 in March, 2012, down to 2.40 on 12/28/12. So it is still really high.

I do want to get back on either GcMaf or Kmaf - just not sure KMaf works. It did not seem to make any difference in the way I felt. I would certainly prefer KMaf, as it is much gentler and easier to take.

What is your Benicar dose? I take Cozaar, also an ARB, but only a tiny 12.5 mg dose.
alice