• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

gcmaf homeopathic

Hi everyone-

I keep hearing that there is now a homeopathic GCMAF. A few MD's are now switching their patients.
Any thoughts on this? My MD gave me the name of the company but with my brain, i forgot it already. it started with a G.
b

no, it was not the MAF 314. I didnt realize that was available right now? I have been out of the loop.

My Md is contacting me about it tomorrow and i will post the name.

the biopure product... is this what dr. K and Dr. B are using now? And is it supposed to work the same? its obviously less expenssive. Why do this version vs.
the injections?
thank you!
b

anne_likes_red

Hi Lerae,

Dr B has mentioned he's formulating his own for use in his autism patients. Dr K and Biopure do have an association. I've ordered Klinghardt products from the US Biopure website in the past and the items were sent from WA. Some of his products (such as this one?) are sourced from Germany.
Both these doctors regularly use homepathics as part of their protocols so I guess they both feel confident using them with children.

I have responded well to homeopathics in the past so I'm open minded about it, but I really don't know how a homeopathic preparation would compare in effectiveness to the other mafs. It's a homeopathic so my guess is that it doen't work the same. I guess the golden question might be - are the expected biomarkers such as nagalase levels improving in people using this product?

The Homeopathic formula is made by Biopure Europe in Austria. http://biopure.eu/ I have ordered it, and it comes in a 50ml bottle. 20 drops equal a ml.
It was developed by DR Dietrich Klinghardt , his scitentist gurus took GcMAF apart and found the peptides in GCMAF and made a homeopathic formula that is easier on the body. Dr Klinghardt says that it is easier on the body but has the same results as the GcMAF shots. I am starting on the homeo K MAF then moving on to the shots later.
They accept Credit Card payments. If you are a HealthCare Practitioner their wholesale price is 25% off.

I don't believe the MAF 314 is available, but if anyone knows anywhere to get it please let me know. I will eat yogurt the rest of my life! I see it as protective and preventive or at least maintenance.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I don't believe the MAF 314 is available, but if anyone knows anywhere to get it please let me know. I will eat yogurt the rest of my life! I see it as protective and preventive or at least maintenance.

Hi khiquita,

You don't say what country you are in and that makes a difference as to the availability of MAF 314. If you are in Europe, a doctor in Vienna (who was trained by Ruggiero) will teach people how to make it and ensure a 6 month supply of the "starter." It is expensive though.

If you are in the States, right now courses on how to make it are only available to patients of Dr. Cheney (the last I heard anyway).

There are several on this forum who have gone to Vienna to learn and there are threads giving the doctor's name and contact information.

Please let us know how the homeopathic goes! What is the dose, and how often to you take it?

Sushi

You don't say what country you are in and that makes a difference as to the availability of MAF 314. If you are in Europe, a doctor in Vienna (who was trained by Ruggiero) will teach people how to make it and ensure a 6 month supply of the "starter." It is expensive though.

I just got mine. The cost can be reduced by culturing the yogurt for a number of people. The doctor confirmed to me that in theory there's not a limit on portions. One just needs to proportionally adjust the quantity of the key ingredients that are added to the starter e.g. milk, as the bacteria etc. will continue to feed and reproduce indefinitely. That way one can cut the cost down considerably. It costs me about 80 per month plus milk etc. If you added two other people, it would go down to 40 and so forth.

mellster

Marco
I ordered a couple of bottles. I hope it works as advertised (should be easy to test with flow cytometry and 'gut feeling') but I really would like to get my hands on MAF 314 to share expenses with someone.

mellster

Marco
The KMAF bottles arrived - I just took my first 20 drops (~ 1ml) - it has a taste so it's not just water ;) One question, should the bottles be kept in the fridge? Thx.

anne_likes_red

I've never kept homeopathics in the fridge. The only extra care I've taken with them is to keep them away from strong flavours like mint (including not eating any close to dosing), and not to take them through airport scanners.
HTH
Anne

PS looking forward to seeing how you go with the KMAF :)

The KMAF bottles arrived - I just took my first 20 drops (~ 1ml) - it has a taste so it's not just water ;) One question, should the bottles be kept in the fridge? Thx.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque

You might also want to keep them out of light as well. How many doses are there in a bottle and how often are you supposed to take it--in other words, what is the approx cost per month?

Keep us posted!

Sushi

mellster

Marco
You might also want to keep them out of light as well. How many doses are there in a bottle and how often are you supposed to take it--in other words, what is the approx cost per month?

Keep us posted!

Sushi

That's the issue - it came with no manual whatsoever and there is no info on the web! I guess I will go safe and take 2 times 10 drops (morning and evening). Although I really don't know what's in it and whether it has MAF in it, I seemed to react stronger than expected last night unless it was just a coincidence. Initially I felt really good right after taking the 20 drops,then about an hour in or less I started feeling flu-like and warm, some mild stomach upset, and I had stinging sensations in my hand and feet. I didn't have the best sleep in the beginning and some short insomnia but as the morning approached I kept on sleeping and sleeping and this morning I have a mild sore throat but feel good otherwise. Again, could just be coincidence since it was the first time and I hope the 'Dr Klinghardt sticker of approval' means that there is actually some MAF in it ;) cheers

Rita

There is some alcohol in the Homeo KMAF from Biopure, so it has taste.I think that this product is made only for Klinghardt or other alternative doctors patients.Biopure can ask you the name and telephone of your physician, but dont does, by the moment.
It will be very difficult to know if it has the same results that Gc MAF injected or MAF 314.But we like ( and need) to be guinea pigs...

"modulated water, Alcohol"

mellster

Marco
Yeah, I did a short inquiry and was basically told that they cannot give any advice due to legal reasons and that you have to be tested by your doc to get your right dosage and that there is no (standard recommended) safe dosage but that there will be a seminar with Dr Klinghardt or Bradstreet in February that interested people should join.

xrunner

Is this meant to be an alternative to GcMaf or does it work by making it work better with fewer side effects?
I heard Dr K speak about some homeopathic treatments (eg minerals) as a better way for the body to assimilate the actual stuff.
I'm interested in the product but can't understand how it could work without the actual Gc protein...

mellster

Marco
I don't know either - but I did get some info on approx. dosage: roughly 10 drops twice a day. Will just stick with it and see what happens. cheers

mellster

Marco
Update - It's been 3 days in only now and I just found this: http://zh-cn.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151192331840424&id=453573965423
Well, I had already 2 moderate flu-like headaches (woke up with one this morning after taking the KMAF last night and this morning, which took half a day to subside) and flu-like symptoms (above the neck only) plus body temp up to 99 (usually 97.5). The rest of the body feels seems to have less chronic inflammation now. Again, could all be coincidence, but I think 10 drops is plenty - it doesn't seem to be just expensive water ;)