• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

lobba123

http://drbradstreet.org/?s=nagalase
http://drbradstreet.org/2011/03/23/...d-to-know-about-even-if-you-dont-have-cancer/

this researcher explains in his blogs the connection with gcmf, vitamin d and immune disfunction in hiv, cancer, autism, alzaimer, parkinson and so on, very interesting because explained very well with links to the research articles

I heard that adding vitamin D to GCMAF could cause kidney failure from someone who did that and ended up in the emergency room. Before this happened, it was recommended by this person.

Can anyone explain this in greater detail? Or, can anyone point me somewhere (not gcmaf.eu) that actually says GcMAF needs x level of vitamin D to work?

Rrrr

hi, i have not been able to read the thread for a week or two. but i want to update you.

after 24 days off gcmaf (i stopped because i got super sick), i had a good day and felt like i was now well enough, and it was time to try gcmaf again. i did a subcutaneous shot of 0.10 ml and put a few more drops (that spilled out and onto the table) into my mouth, so i did about 0.15 ml total.

i have been super super sick since i did that, 3 days ago. just horrible. the same poisoned feeling as before. i guess 24 days off gcmaf was not enough.

(note: this poisoned feeling is not new to me. in the 21 yrs i've been sick, i have had it many times, but it usually goes away after a day or two. with the gcmaf it does not go away so quickly, and lasted a few weeks, or so i experienced once, last month.)

at least i know it is the gcmaf and not the b12 shots that are causing this, as i have not done any b12 shots in a few weeks. i have been doing 1 ml of nexavir per day and doing okay with that.

anyway, it is clear it is the gcmaf now that causes this bad feeling. i'll likely have to be off of it for a month or so before i try it again. i'll see what kdm says, of course, in my appt with him that will be this week--or very soon.

lobba123

50ng/ml is the minimum for good immune activation, less than 40ng/ml is deficency if there is a disease and active immuune system is needed

all labs have wrong ranges because not updated on the various diseases due to immune disfunction which is reflected by low vit d

I haven't started on Gcmaf yet, was prescribed it a while ago but not been well enough to do anything about it. Following this thread with interest re Vit D, I struggle to take this as a supplement but can tolerate a small amount of sunshine. My vit D results last October (bearing in mind this was at the end of summer) were;
Vit D3 (25 OH-) -19,6 (ug/L) Range 20,0 -43,0
1,25 Di-OH vitamin D 35,3 (pg/ml) Range 25,1 - 66,1
Am I understanding this - would I have enough Vit D at this level to work with the macrophages?
BTW thanks Leonora for the info on CD14.

vli

Does anyone know anything about etanercept that Bradsheet mentions?? I'm reading the Wiki on it and it says it is used off-label in Alzheimer's

Edit: in fact can anyone explain this para. to me from the first link (thanks lobba)--especially the bold bits? What exactly does "more downstream" mean (what's the "it" he's referring to)??
"Now I have get you back to nagalase: alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminidase. This enzyme prevents the Vitamin D3 receptor from being activated on the surface of macrophages and with that they cannot properly activate. I dont think we fully understand the function of the GcMAF receptor. Nagalase levels are high at the same time that neopterin is elevated. It would seem that shouldnt be true if GcMAF was initiator of macrophage activation. It must be a bit more downstream from neopterin. To me, the likely scenario is that TNF sends the signal and part of the activation takes place hence high neopterin and lots of macrophages, but as a result of nagalase activity the Vitamin D3 receptor looses its active site. But something about adding Gc MAF back into the system allows macrophages to kill cancer cells and rid the body of HIV: as noted in my discussion 2 days ago."

girlinthesnow

hi, i have not been able to read the thread for a week or two. but i want to update you.

after 24 days off gcmaf (i stopped because i got super sick), i had a good day and felt like i was now well enough, and it was time to try gcmaf again. i did a subcutaneous shot of 0.10 ml and put a few more drops (that spilled out and onto the table) into my mouth, so i did about 0.15 ml total.

i have been super super sick since i did that, 3 days ago. just horrible. the same poisoned feeling as before. i guess 24 days off gcmaf was not enough.

(note: this poisoned feeling is not new to me. in the 21 yrs i've been sick, i have had it many times, but it usually goes away after a day or two. with the gcmaf it does not go away so quickly, and lasted a few weeks, or so i experienced once, last month.)

at least i know it is the gcmaf and not the b12 shots that are causing this, as i have not done any b12 shots in a few weeks. i have been doing 1 ml of nexavir per day and doing okay with that.

anyway, it is clear it is the gcmaf now that causes this bad feeling. i'll likely have to be off of it for a month or so before i try it again. i'll see what kdm says, of course, in my appt with him that will be this week--or very soon.

I hope you are restored to your baseline and this wretched period passes soon for you.

Take care,

girlinthesnow

lobba123

there is another very very interesting study posted by professor ruggiero at the int'l hiv congress, i guess you are morefamiliar with this than aids hiv patients but i really said wow when i read the title...and i was aware of potency of probiotics since also hbv and liver damage are influenced by gut bacteria

absolutely a must read, there is also data on hiv patients treated with increase of monocytes according to vdr,

http://pag.ias2011.org/EPosterHandler.axd?aid=2401

http://rethinkingaids.com/reference/IAS2011-Pacini-Ruggiero.pdf

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
there is another very very interesting study posted by professor ruggiero at the int'l hiv congress, i guess you are morefamiliar with this than aids hiv patients but i really said wow when i read the title...and i was aware of potency of probiotics since also hbv and liver damage are influenced by gut bacteria

absolutely a must read, there is also data on hiv patients treated with increase of monocytes according to vdr,

http://pag.ias2011.org/EPosterHandler.axd?aid=2401

Hi lobba,

Thanks! I have a friend who is in a trial with this form of GcMAF.

I could open the link but was unable to save a copy as my computer couldn't recognize the type of file this is...do you know?

Great information,
Sushi

P.S. I have opened a chat with you but I don't know if you can see it.

lobba123

oh sorry i never used the chat so i was not aware of it being available

it is pdf file, just download free program from here:
http://get.adobe.com/it/reader/

i guess crome have it inside the browser but better install full program

Hi lobba,

I could open the link but was unable to save a copy as my computer couldn't recognize the type of file this is...do you know?

Great information,
Sushi

lobba123

very very lucky to test it so early, is there any data available on potency?i guess the probiotic gcmaf should be much more potent.

i have been told to consume kefir or bifidus during gcmaf therapy too

Hi lobba,

Great information,
Sushi

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
very very lucky to test it so early, is there any data available on potency?i guess the probiotic gcmaf should be much more potent.

i have been told to consume kefir or bifidus during gcmaf therapy too

The trial hasn't started yet. When I know more, I'll post it.

Thanks, once I knew it was a PDF file, I could save it.

Chats appear as little closed windows at the bottom of the screen. If there have been several entries in the chat, it will have a number in red--like 3. You just click on the window and it pops up.

Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
50ng/ml is the minimum for good immune activation, less than 40ng/ml is deficency if there is a disease and active immuune system is needed

all labs have wrong ranges because not updated on the various diseases due to immune disfunction which is reflected by low vit d

Hi lobba thanks for replying - sorry I still don't understand, are there 2 forms of vit D? also do you think the -19.6 (ug/L) is a minus figure which would make it very low indeed, also which 'bit' works with the gcmaf? Its okay if you can't answer these questions, I'll get there eventually, I'm just very slow.

globalpilot

Hi lobba thanks for replying - sorry I still don't understand, are there 2 forms of vit D? also do you think the -19.6 (ug/L) is a minus figure which would make it very low indeed, also which 'bit' works with the gcmaf? Its okay if you can't answer these questions, I'll get there eventually, I'm just very slow.

Hello,
It's not a negative sign. :)

There are 2 forms, the active form (1.25-hydroxy vitamin d)
and the inactive form (25-hydroxy)

Here,in Canada,it is usually the inactive form that is measured ; I believe b/d the active doesn't stay in the blood long.

D3 is the precursor of 1,25 DI-OH. If the 1,25 is normal, you don't necessarily treat a marginal low vitamin D3 in ME patients, as a high 1,25 can trigger inflammation. My vitamin D3 is around 19 (ref: 20-43), whilst my 1,25 DI-OH is 55 (25,1-66,1), so my doc told me not to take vitamin D supplements. Before starting any treatment my 1,25 DI-OH was 95 and D3 was 30.

lobba123

19ng/ml is definitely severe deficency although we are all deficent when something is wrong in our bodies:

me and my sister hbv infected (no cfs), we both had it at 10-11ng/ml now we got it in the 60-80ng/ml range after long time supplements and as regards me only after gcmaf (before the max was 35-42ng/ml)

i dont know for cfs but as regards hbv infection there is inverse correlation between vit d level and virus replication/liver damage.those with the higher ranges have hbvdna undetactable and liver damage mild.so for everything different from cfs it is ridicolous to keep vitamin d25oh at low levels and it is better have it at the max of normal range at about 100ng/ml, cfs might be so messed up tht it is better to follow kdm and dont even follow posts here

there are many types, i know vit d3 whichis the same as the one you make from the sun, but d3 also increases calcium absorption so if taken during gcmaf very close monitoring is needed and when it rises supplements are not needed.since both KDM suggest not to supplement on gcmaf for CFS i would avoid that unless KDM or cheneys agress

d2 doesn not rise calcium but it i also very weak increasing vit d25oh serum levels

as regards cancer and other infections which might be easier to monitor, i think that it is absolutley better to have normal vit d higher than 40ng/ml

lobba123

excess serum calcium happens at vitamin d25oh 150-300ng/ml and not always, of course during gcmaf it is not sfe to have it so high since gcmaf increases vit d too

19ng/ml is definitely severe deficency although we are all deficent when something is wrong in our bodies:

me and my sister hbv infected (no cfs), we both had it at 10-11ng/ml now we got it in the 60-80ng/ml range after long time supplements and as regards me only after gcmaf (before the max was 35-42ng/ml)

i dont know for cfs but as regards hbv infection there is inverse correlation between vit d level and virus replication/liver damage.those with the higher ranges have hbvdna undetactable and liver damage mild.so for everything different from cfs it is ridicolous to keep vitamin d25oh at low levels and it is better have it at the max of normal range at about 100ng/ml, cfs might be so messed up tht it is better to follow kdm and dont even follow posts here

there are many types, i know vit d3 whichis the same as the one you make from the sun, but d3 also increases calcium absorption so if taken during gcmaf very close monitoring is needed and when it rises supplements are not needed.since both KDM suggest not to supplement on gcmaf for CFS i would avoid that unless KDM or cheneys agress

d2 doesn not rise calcium but it i also very weak increasing vit d25oh serum levels

as regards cancer and other infections which might be easier to monitor, i think that it is absolutley better to have normal vit d higher than 40ng/ml

lobba123

here is a good article covering some aspects of vitamin d deficnecy and immune suppression, as you can see 19ng/ml but even 30ng/ml are ridiculous quantities and body starts storing after 50ng/ml so in lower ranges it is in an emergency deficent situation, but again listen to kdm or cheney or very expert doctors on CFS, not the posts here.if you were not CFS 19ng/ml will expose you to all diseases like cancer, diabetes, fatty liver...and on and on, on CFS i can t tell you what's worst.

http://www.heallondon.org/health-an...cance-of-vitamin-d-and-immunosuppression.html

KDM told me that you don't treat the D3, you treat the active form, 1,25 DI-OH, so I think I need to trust him on this. Thanks for info though ;)

here is a good article covering some aspects of vitamin d deficnecy and immune suppression, as you can see 19ng/ml but even 30ng/ml are ridiculous quantities and body starts storing after 50ng/ml so in lower ranges it is in an emergency deficent situation, but again listen to kdm or cheney or very expert doctors on CFS, not the posts here.if you were not CFS 19ng/ml will expose you to all diseases like cancer, diabetes, fatty liver...and on and on, on CFS i can t tell you what's worst.

http://www.heallondon.org/health-an...cance-of-vitamin-d-and-immunosuppression.html

lobba123

the active form is not important and cant be treated, only gcmaf is able to remake correct balance between 1.25oh and 25oh or supplementing 25oh

taking d3 makes 1.25oh lower and 25oh higher, in cfs can be more important to lower 1.25oh but there is no way to lower one and keep the other low they are connected

1.25oh suppress immune function and 25oh increases immune function of macophages and dentric cells activating antigens uptake and presenting to lynphos for the attack

keeping a high 1.25oh has no meaning and it is studied only for transplants in order to keep complete immune suppression

KDM told me that you don't treat the D3, you treat the active form, 1,25 DI-OH, so I think I need to trust him on this. Thanks for info though ;)

OK, but then I don't really understand why KDM would tell me not to take D3...as this might increase 1,25 DI-OH... (not decrease as you write)...