How we can hijack the media, in four easy lessons
Love it, hate it, good story, bad story... the media are going to keep reporting on ME/CFS no matter what. But isn’t it time that we saw that coverage as an opportunity?
Discuss the article on the Forums.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by Sushi, Jun 30, 2010.

1. SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1 SanDiego#1

SouthEast USA
    What Vit E are you taking?

San Diego #1
    What vitamin E are you taking?

2. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

i have heard of some of us feeling better on antifungals! so that is great to hear. good luck, dear OS, with the heart stuff. we don't want you to die either!!!!!!

Overstressed likes this.
  3. Overstressed

Overstressed Senior Member

Belgium
  4. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

@merylg
    This may interest you

5. Overstressed

Overstressed Senior Member

Belgium
    Yes, it was merylg who gave me the valuable tip!!! Vit-E is good for connective tissue.

Best wishes,
    OS.

GcMAF Australia likes this.
  6. whu-1

whu-1

Hi guys , i was on maf 314 ...... can any one point me to a per reviewed papper that backs up the claims for maf 314 , gcmaf and any of the other similar products ............Is there any 100 % cures ? a poll for the results .........be good to get a update .......................did any one find out the yogurt base for the maf314

7. whu-1

whu-1

..........figured if it cosha there would be a snow ball effect 5 years out ........cures by the bucket full .......

8. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Doesn't seem to be a hot topic these days.
    has the price come down?

9. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    GcMAF.eu seems to have been shut down by the govt. Otherwise, nothing has changed. It is still a good stabilizing treatment for me, but certainly not a cure.

Sushi

heapsreal likes this.
  10. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Last i looked Japan were selling different strengths of gcmaf as i think the older formulas were to strong for many cfsers and i think they made a lower dose and more stable maybe?? I havent really heard from anyone getting it into australia consistently yet.

I have ordered more cycloferon which improves immune function, nk cells etc and have read it improves macrophages. It tends to only work for short periods, so im going to look at using it when i have a crash or prolonged infection type common virus like i think i have now.

We are plugging holes i guess??

helen1 and Sushi like this.
  11. Cristy

Cristy

New here... just wondering if anyone has visited any of the clinics in Japan or Toronto... 10 years with CFS/ME after Varicella Pneumonia and now experiencing additional complications. I'm trying to find a health centre/hospital that will address all health issues whilst helping improve immune function and lifestyle to give me the best chance at sticking around for my 3 children.

12. Junior

Junior

Are there any doctors or practitioners required to use GCMAF or Rerum?

Are there any side effects to either GCMAF and Rerum?

Or are there none because it is a natural protein that should be made in the body.

On GCMAF.se; it states there are no side effects but I want to be extra careful for those who are immunocomprised and are currently undergoing many medications.

13. GcMAF Australia

A doctor is not needed.
    For Lyme/CFS/ME try the creams
    As for side effects- yes people get herxes.
    Start with match stick size application once a week behind the knee. Detox as much as possible.
    Observe any herxing that may occur in order to adjust the dosage.
    Several have done very well with the creams
    MAFActive - a skin cream suitable for massage into the lymphatic regions for general immune support or for topical application, a frankincense high concentration cream. These are transdermal applications, no injections. In order to comply with regulations regarding non-pharmaceutical products, no science, feedback or health benefits can be listed on the official website. - www.mafactive.eu, but see www.creamfeedback.weebly.com

14. Cristy

Cristy

I have been taking Colostrum and certainly experience strong herx... I am hoping to get into rerum detox protocol and rerum treatment.

15. Sushi

Albuquerque
    Some doctors who prescribe it feel that it needs medical supervision--both in deciding when it should be used and also for monitoring its effects.
    There aren't "side-effects" as such, as it is not a drug, but taking too high a dose or taking it when it isn't appropriate can lead to difficult symptoms. GcMAF increases macrophage activity. Inflammation can result from that. Those who already have a high level of inflammation should be very cautious.

16. Junior

Junior

thanks

Do you have to detox beforehand or during the protocol when administering oral/nebulized GCMAF, rerum, GCMAF cream to prepare for the macrophages activation, herx, bacteria, viruses, cells, proteins?

Which is the best for the immunocomprised or one with a less than optimal functional liver, body elimination? Or those who do not have a good functioning liver, kidney?

17. Junior

Junior

18. Sushi

Albuquerque
    You might want to read about how macrophages function--they are sort of like PAC men. GcMAF is not suitable for everyone--I think medical supervision is wise.
    Or, which of them actually work???? There are different opinions and different countries have different laws about importing these products.
    Many use http://reactivatedwellness.com/t/gcmaf-cream .

19. GcMAF Australia

The creams are specifically designed for CFS/ME and easier to obtain, registered iby the FDA as a skin cream, and no claims made whatsoever (which is OK by me)
    I am referring to MAFActive original (with almond oil) or nut free Radiance.
    http://www.mafactive.eu/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
    this site lists distributors.
    also the creams are easier to use and to adjust dosages.

The jury is still out on Rerum as far as a number of people are concerned.
    The yogurts probably help with the gut, I dont follow them much
    Detox is vital.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2016
  20. Cristy

Cristy

Do you know what the concerns are with Rerum?

See more popular forum discussions.