• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

SanDiego#1

SanDiego#1
Hi Rrrr,

thank you for asking. I feel quite well in fact, apart from the aorta, which is always on my mind. See, I don't yet want to die.

Since I quit Gc-Maf and took Vit-E, I feel much better. Seldomly I have a ''payback time'' -as I call it- for doing too much. Last week I just had this weird headache again, I think for the first time this year. Overall, I think I lifted the level of the things I can do. Sure, tiredness remains an issue, but as soon as I take a few drops, this problem gets much better.

And, I can repeat myself again: currently I'm taking anti-fungal medication(lamisil) because of general fungal infection(due to weak immune system?) and this is the best therapy for me. It was like this in the past, and it remains that way. It may explain what kind of infection I'm struggling with. I'm referring here to a recent article, where scientist explained HIV gets killed by Ciclopirox in vivo, an antifungal. Importantly here is, the virus didn't bounce back.

Of course, all need to be proven in-vivo...

Best wishes,
OS.

What Vit E are you taking?

San Diego #1
What vitamin E are you taking?

Rrrr

i have heard of some of us feeling better on antifungals! so that is great to hear. good luck, dear OS, with the heart stuff. we don't want you to die either!!!!!!

Hi guys , i was on maf 314 ...... can any one point me to a per reviewed papper that backs up the claims for maf 314 , gcmaf and any of the other similar products ............Is there any 100 % cures ? a poll for the results .........be good to get a update .......................did any one find out the yogurt base for the maf314

..........figured if it cosha there would be a snow ball effect 5 years out ........cures by the bucket full .......

heapsreal

iherb 10% discount code OPA989,
GcMAF.eu seems to have been shut down by the govt. Otherwise, nothing has changed. It is still a good stabilizing treatment for me, but certainly not a cure.

Sushi

Last i looked Japan were selling different strengths of gcmaf as i think the older formulas were to strong for many cfsers and i think they made a lower dose and more stable maybe?? I havent really heard from anyone getting it into australia consistently yet.

I have ordered more cycloferon which improves immune function, nk cells etc and have read it improves macrophages. It tends to only work for short periods, so im going to look at using it when i have a crash or prolonged infection type common virus like i think i have now.

We are plugging holes i guess??

New here... just wondering if anyone has visited any of the clinics in Japan or Toronto... 10 years with CFS/ME after Varicella Pneumonia and now experiencing additional complications. I'm trying to find a health centre/hospital that will address all health issues whilst helping improve immune function and lifestyle to give me the best chance at sticking around for my 3 children.

Are there any doctors or practitioners required to use GCMAF or Rerum?

Are there any side effects to either GCMAF and Rerum?

Or are there none because it is a natural protein that should be made in the body.

On GCMAF.se; it states there are no side effects but I want to be extra careful for those who are immunocomprised and are currently undergoing many medications.

GcMAF Australia

Or are there none because it is a natural protein that should be made in the body.

On GCMAF.se; it states there are no side effects but I want to be extra careful for those who are immunocomprised and are currently undergoing many medications.
A doctor is not needed.
For Lyme/CFS/ME try the creams
As for side effects- yes people get herxes.
Start with match stick size application once a week behind the knee. Detox as much as possible.
Observe any herxing that may occur in order to adjust the dosage.
Several have done very well with the creams
MAFActive - a skin cream suitable for massage into the lymphatic regions for general immune support or for topical application, a frankincense high concentration cream. These are transdermal applications, no injections. In order to comply with regulations regarding non-pharmaceutical products, no science, feedback or health benefits can be listed on the official website. - www.mafactive.eu, but see www.creamfeedback.weebly.com

I have been taking Colostrum and certainly experience strong herx... I am hoping to get into rerum detox protocol and rerum treatment.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Some doctors who prescribe it feel that it needs medical supervision--both in deciding when it should be used and also for monitoring its effects.
There aren't "side-effects" as such, as it is not a drug, but taking too high a dose or taking it when it isn't appropriate can lead to difficult symptoms. GcMAF increases macrophage activity. Inflammation can result from that. Those who already have a high level of inflammation should be very cautious.

Some doctors who prescribe it feel that it needs medical supervision--both in deciding when it should be used and also for monitoring its effects.
There aren't "side-effects" as such, as it is not a drug, but taking too high a dose or taking it when it isn't appropriate can lead to difficult symptoms. GcMAF increases macrophage activity. Inflammation can result from that. Those who already have a high level of inflammation should be very cautious.
A doctor is not needed.
For Lyme/CFS/ME try the creams
As for side effects- yes people get herxes.
Start with match stick size application once a week behind the knee. Detox as much as possible.
Observe any herxing that may occur in order to adjust the dosage.
Several have done very well with the creams
MAFActive - a skin cream suitable for massage into the lymphatic regions for general immune support or for topical application, a frankincense high concentration cream. These are transdermal applications, no injections. In order to comply with regulations regarding non-pharmaceutical products, no science, feedback or health benefits can be listed on the official website. - www.mafactive.eu, but see www.creamfeedback.weebly.com
thanks

Do you have to detox beforehand or during the protocol when administering oral/nebulized GCMAF, rerum, GCMAF cream to prepare for the macrophages activation, herx, bacteria, viruses, cells, proteins?

Which is the best for the immunocomprised or one with a less than optimal functional liver, body elimination? Or those who do not have a good functioning liver, kidney?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Do you have to detox beforehand or during the protocol when administering oral/nebulized GCMAF, rerum, GCMAF cream to prepare for the macrophages activation, herx, bacteria, viruses, cells, proteins?
You might want to read about how macrophages function--they are sort of like PAC men. GcMAF is not suitable for everyone--I think medical supervision is wise.
and what is the difference in effectiveness in the cream, oral tablets, nebulizing, yogurt, rerum and 2nd 3rd gen. from Japan?
Or, which of them actually work???? There are different opinions and different countries have different laws about importing these products.
where do US customers buy their GcMAF products ?
Many use http://reactivatedwellness.com/t/gcmaf-cream .

GcMAF Australia

The creams are specifically designed for CFS/ME and easier to obtain, registered iby the FDA as a skin cream, and no claims made whatsoever (which is OK by me)
I am referring to MAFActive original (with almond oil) or nut free Radiance.
http://www.mafactive.eu/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
this site lists distributors.
also the creams are easier to use and to adjust dosages.

The jury is still out on Rerum as far as a number of people are concerned.
The yogurts probably help with the gut, I dont follow them much
Detox is vital.

Last edited by a moderator:
For CFS/ME i recommend the creams as they are specifically designed for CFS/ME and easier to obtain, registered iby the FDA as a skin cream, and no claims made whatsoever (which is OK by me)
I am referring to MAFActive original (with almond oil) or nut free Radiance.
http://www.mafactive.eu/store/c1/Featured_Products.html
this site lists distributors.
also the creams are easier to use and to adjust dosages.
Start at matchstick head size and apply behind the knees. Some people are so sensitive that they need to use half a matchstick head with a break of 7 days.
The jury is still out on Rerum as far as a number of people are concerned.
The yogurts probably help with the gut, I dont follow them much
Detox is vital.

Do you know what the concerns are with Rerum?