• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMAF for XMRV--Gc protein-derived macrophage activating factor--anyone taking it?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
Hi Uk. Thanks for letting me know.

What I am experiencing now is not inflammation from the GcMAF....it is like a re-infection. I woke up today feeling very ill with lymph node aches, severe brain inflammation, slight sore throat and a sick feeling in my lungs.

I have no idea if this is a new infection or if I am just regressing, but it feels awful. My instinct tells me that something bad is going on with the CFS. It's frustrating because there is really no blood work I can order quickly that will tell me anything.

I have not left the house for days and am resting a lot. I haven't seen anyone who could have given me a new germ.

Wonder if the GcMAF has re-activated something.

xoxox

Those are also the signs of an activated immune system that others have reported. Are you doing any detox measures to move out toxins? Lymph nodes symptoms might indicate that need to work on lymph drainage too--at least I get a lot of relief from these measures.

Best,
Sushi

ukxmrv

Daff,

I wish that I could tell if something was an old virus reawakaning, generalised immune system activation or a new exposure to something.

My symtoms with the MAF314 included the "normal" sore throats and glands I have had for the nearly 30 years of ME but on day 8 along with the bad spots on the face (which was unusual for me) the throat, tonsils and whole area became very painful, swollen and very inflamed in a way that hasn't happened since the very first acute viral onset of the ME

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldeyer's_tonsillar_ring

It was off and on for at least a month. What I noticed was that while this was happening the "good days" when I could go out increased.

Daffodil

thanks, all. i woke up today sick again, inflammation, very foggy, and a sick feeling in my lungs.

over the past few weeks, i have been sewing curtains out of this linen fabric i ordered online. it has been shedding HUGE amounts of lint (despite washing and drying 3 times). do you guys think this could have anything to do with how i feel? maybe breathing in a lot of lint is causing this?

i cannot think of anything else that has changed. i was doing quite well on the protocol before.

ukxmrv

Not sure Daff. Can you take any histamines like Benaryl to see if it some sort of immune reaction to the lint?

Daffodil

thanks uk. if i took benadryl, i am still not sure i would be able to tell if it was the fabric. perhaps i will have to put the fabric away for a few weeks to see if i improve.

xoxoxxo

Daffodil

could someone be allergic to linen? i looked it up and linen is recommended for people with allergies.

maybe i should go to the laundromat and repeatedly wash and dry the curtains until the shedding lessens a lot?

dang. more money down the tubes.

or maybe there is another reason i am ill.

shannah

Would going to a laundromat possibly may make the situation worse Daff? Don't they usually recycle the wash water there? I would think that you could end up with all kinds of harsh detergents, chemicals, cat hair, animal dander, etc. on your linen.

Sushi

could someone be allergic to linen? i looked it up and linen is recommended for people with allergies.

maybe i should go to the laundromat and repeatedly wash and dry the curtains until the shedding lessens a lot?

dang. more money down the tubes.

or maybe there is another reason i am ill.

New fabric very often has formaldehyde in it! (Plus fire retardant) It makes malls really difficult for me.

Sushi

maryb

iherb code TAK122
I don't think pure linen sheds? and definitely not if you'vewashed it - there must be something else in it.
I would definitely put them away see if you improve - there's always something with this illness, talk about being your own private detective, hope you improve and find out what's caused the downturn.

Forebearance

I could easily believe that fabric could bother you and cause that kind of inflammation. Besides the chemicals Sushi mentioned, if it had been stored in a moldy warehouse, it could do that to me. Easily. I spend half my life playing detective about what's bothering me. Sigh.

I think it's a good idea to put it away and see if you feel better.
Fore

Daffodil

ty guys. fore...i did wash and dry it 3 or 4 times..wouldnt that kill everything??

anyway i decided to stay away from it. i have had to sweep this place twice a day...the lint is everywhere! how do people sew with linen?

i hope i feel better.....

xoxox

Daffodil

hi everyone. so today i think there is something else going on. i have severe fatigue, like i could sleep deeply all day, and i feel something in my throat and sinus....also, my lungs burn a little. i feel like maybe the mycplasma pneumoniae has reactivated, but abx have never helped me in the past. in the past, my mycoplasma antibodies were a little high but i dont think they were high enough to treat.

i will have to arrange for the bloodtest in niagara falls somehow because there is no test here, but that will take a while. not sure what to do in the short term. don't want to do a trial of abx on my own.

i sure hope this passes! right now i feel like i am totally regressng.

xoxo

Forebearance

Well, yeah, washing 3 or 4 times would seem like it would get rid of most mold toxins. Except that for me at least, the worst kinds never seem to wash out.

Could it be some kind of healing crisis? I hope you get to sleep all day!

Daffodil

thanks, fore:)

i slept most of the day. i hope this is some kind of die-off/detox..otherwise it looks like it's gonna be bad news

xoxo

Sushi

thanks, fore:)

i slept most of the day. i hope this is some kind of die-off/detox..otherwise it looks like it's gonna be bad news

xoxo

I went through lots of cycles with GcMAF--but the overall trend was up.

Hope you pull out of this soon.

Sushi

acer2000

Thanks Sushi! Then I wonder why KDM has not prescribed gc-MAF? Well I am also positive for Bartonella and Rickettsia by serology (and Borrelia B is in the "greyzone"). He has prescribed antibiotics azithromycin and doxycycline. Perhaps he wants to treat the zoonoses first.

My raised cytokines were: IL-8 = 2390.0 (0-15.0)
IL1-beta 7 (0-3)
MCP1 325 (0-165)
MIP-1beta 242 (0-155)

I never even heard of MCP and MIP.

My sCD14 is raised at 6777 (2800-5000), guess that means I have leaky gut. ( Interesting that my recent mannitol-lactulose test for leaky gut gave me a perfectly healthy result!).

Thats a high IL-8! What does KDM say is driving the IL-8 up?

Daffodil

so i am still not doing well. my neck hurts again and my brain is very badly inflammed. feels so awful to go back after getting better.

could be anything...gcmaf not working/infection spreading....stopping tenofovir....best case scenario its detox/die-off

Sushi

could be anything...gcmaf not working/infection spreading....stopping tenofovir....best case scenario its detox/die-off

Or inflammation! It manifests in ways that people don't recognize--like brain fog. Your high inflammation before starting GcMAF makes that a likely culprit.

Sushi