• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GCMAF factory closed down in the UK

ukxmrv

http://www.itv.com/news/channel/2015-02-03/guernsey-linked-to-danger-drug/

"A Guernsey registered company has had its Cambridgeshire based factory closed down after 'serious concerns' about the drugs it produces.

Importation of the drug GcMaf into the island has also been banned from today.

GcMaf is a blood product that claims to treat a range of conditions, including cancer, HIV and autism.

The UK's Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) did an unannounced inspection of the production site in Milton, Cambridgeshire today after concerns from the medicines regulator in Guernsey."

Thinktank

I'd like to know more as to why this all happened.
Was it big pharma pulling the strings or David Noakes' bold claims as GcMAF being THE cure for cancer?

I have used the GcMAF from firstimmune and have to say it effectively lowered my nagalase levels.

I don't believe this is the end of it.

Jammy88

GcMaf is a huge scam. Professor Ruggiero in Italy - who used to claim GcMaf effectiveness - got permanently banned from medical profession due to its unsafe and unethical way of operating in the medical field.

SB_1108

GcMaf is a huge scam. Professor Ruggiero in Italy - who used to claim GcMaf effectiveness - got permanently banned from medical profession due to its unsafe and unethical way of operating in the medical field.

Jammy88 - please elaborate...

halcyon

Wasn't this in the context of cancer treatment though?

halcyon

Does anyone know if MAF 878 is a blood product as well? Will this closure affect the availability of that product?

I have mixed feelings. I like the FirstImmune Oleic, it did lower my nagalase levels. However the way they conducted their research studies was crazy. Basically you email them and say you have CFS and agree to report nagalase and condition. You aren't supervised by a MD except to get the nagalase tests and the MD doesn't specificially report on your condition. Research isn't supposed to be like that. I didn't like their protocol and I'm suspicious that it drags treatment out longer than it needs to. That said, they are very helpful and the product is good.

barbc56

Uh, @Kina

What are the abbreviations? My mind is fogged.:rolleyes:

Thanks.

Barb

ETA

United Kingdom Independent Party. Let's see how many I can get before you reply.

Got David Noakes. Promoter of gmcaf.

Nigel Farage leader of the UKIP.

Thanks, Kina! What does it mean?

Last edited:

barbc56

Looks like I have confused Gcmaf with DHEA

However, so far it sound dubious to me.

It's also claimed it cures HIV and Autism, not just cancer.

I am only finding sites mostly about cancer.

Barb

CindyWillis

I could not disagree with you more. Many people have been able to function with Chronic Fatigue due to this drug. These guys have done the chronic fatigue community a huge favor over the years. I am very sad to hear this news as well as the news that Professor Ruggiero has been banned from his profession. There are many of us that owe him greatly for his work in the chronic fatigue community. I personally know many people for whom this drug has done miracles. This is very sad news.

Thinktank

Bright, inventive minds who do not bow for the system get destroyed. It happens over and over again, you really must be naive to believe all the bullshit. Look at how lyme doctors are treated - licenses revoked, financially destroyed and publicly shamed just because they do not follow the standard protocols.

GcMAF is undoubtingly effective and i'm talking from first hand experience.

Jammy88

Bright, inventive minds who do not bow for the system get destroyed. It happens over and over again, you really must be naive to believe all the bullshit. Look at how lyme doctors are treated - licenses revoked, financially destroyed and publicly shamed just because they do not follow the standard protocols.

GcMAF is undoubtingly effective and i'm talking from first hand experience.
@
@Thinktank: Prof. Ruggiero said it could cure HIV with GcMaf. Is this a brilliant mind? I personally don't think so.

I'm not saying GcMaf couldn't work for ME/CFS. We know that ME/CFS could be caused by so many different factors, that in some case it might be helpful. But please don't say it works effectively in saving people with untreatable retroviruses or terminal cancers… Cuz I don't agree with that.

Thinktank

@Jammy88, I would say he's quite ahead of his time compared to other doctors but i don't like the bold claims either. Did he really say it cures HIV? Do you have a source? I think David Noakes is the one who makes ridiculous claims.

In some GcMAF is more than helpful, leading to partial remission. I've personally seen huge improvement in autistic kids and someone with MS.

Where did i say it cures diseases? I said it's an effective treatment.

I'm still wondering why you think GcMAF is a huge scam, patients and papers report otherwise.

barbc56

AFAIK, there isn't any science to back the medical claims for GcMAF. Most of the studies about it's medicinal properties have been retracted not only for being poorly designed but also for conflict of interest and in one case forging a signature.

I am not discounting people who have reported improvement but without some medical validity, how do we know that it was GcMaf that caused this?

Who knows, maybe it does work, but at this point in time there's not enough evidence to say it does or doesn't work.

Here are some links I found helpful.

http:/wetractionwatch.com/2014/07/25/paper-about-widely-touted-but-unapproved-cure-for-cancer-autism-retracted/

http://scholarlyoa.com/2014/07/24/w...cure-proven-effective-in-a-predatory-journal/

http://wwddtydty.com/2014/11/gcmaf-superhero-health-problem/

http://www.anticancerfund.org/therapies/gcmaf

Barb

Last edited: