• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

GcMaf available from 3 doctors in New Zealand

Wonder if any New Zealanders have been to see Drs Bill Reeder, John Gardner and Ted Walford? These doctors
offer GcMaf for self injections. Any input on the effectiveness of the chemical GcMaf from any of these doctors would
be helpful.

Daffodil

hi caremom. it says on the website that they get their gcmaf from gcmaf.eu. i think there are some people on the message board who get it from there. not sure how they are doing.

i believe the fellow on www.betterhealthguy.com gets it from there....

anne_likes_red

Hi Caremom,
Another doctor in Auckland is using the same source (which is gcmaf.eu) and he reports good progress so far with his CFS patients with all patients reporting improved and refreshing sleep early on in treatment. They're testing Nagalase via a lab in the Netherlands.
(I'm confused how these guys are able to import Gcmaf when Dr Lewis in Melbourne isn't!)
A couple of those doctors are well known to my integrative GP. I'm guessing they'll be using the Gcmaf as part of a more comprehensive protocol. It will be interesting to see how patients are doing in the longer term.
Anyway, the cost here seems to be high - I heard someone was paying $1800 per month for the maf, and I kow the nagalase test costs $350. The blood needs to be frozen. When I looked into it last year I discovered Fedex to Europe from NZ in 48 hours seems to be a bit of a hit and miss thing.
Best,
Anne.
PS I'll copy your post to the gcmaf forum which might help more ppl find the info.

ETA I just want to mention that we have customs duty applied to a lot of imported goods in NZ and the cost of gcmaf here could well include that. In general, as far as I've experienced, we don't have doctors charging unreasonable costs for treatments.

Wonder if any New Zealanders have been to see Drs Bill Reeder, John Gardner and Ted Walford? These doctors
offer GcMaf for self injections. Any input on the effectiveness of the chemical GcMaf from any of these doctors would
be helpful.

Thanks, Daffodil and Anne_likes_red, for your helpful input. The current batch of collection for Nagalase test is between 23 Jan to 2 March. This was the reply I received from St Benedicts Health: "The blood samples are dispatched the Monday after the batch closes. They take 4 days to reach the Netherlands. The Netherlands lab takes two to three weeks to process the samples." They packed the blood samples in 25kg of dry ice before depatch.

We'll be flying across the Tasman for the test next month. Thought since we fly all the way to beautiful New Zealand, we might as well consult a doctor who prescribes GcMaf, while awaiting MAF 314. Could anyone please share their experience by posting on this forum or PM me names of doctors and their locations? Thanks.

anne_likes_red

Another option might be to contact one of these doctors but order the GcMAF yourself, as suggested on the website (I just noticed that!) then collect it from the doctors office if they are willing. Presumably they have everything in place to be able to import and store it correctly. If you have a doctor in Australia who can oversee your GcMAF treatment as part of a wider protocol perhaps you don't need a full consult with a NZ doctor...who might feel obliged to offer you a comprehensive protocol and regular monitoring which may not suit you?

For convenience I'd probably suggest the doctor in Mission Bay, or Michael Kelly at St Benedicts. Mr Kelly seems very approachable. Auckland is the only one of those cities that has an international Airport.

I've aranged to talk with one of the other doctors tomorrow. I'm reluctant to write more about individual doctors in a public forum so I'll PM you with more specific details later caremom.

Best,
Anne.

GcMAF

I had my nagalase testing done by a lab out of NJ. The cost was 65.00 and overnight mail. I did not have to pack it on ice, dry ice, it did not need to be spun, It was collected in one lavendar top tube, taken to the post office and over-nighted. A GcMAF.EU it is my understanding that you can order it yourself and don't need a Dr to order it for you.

help please! Living in Auckland and im having problemsgetting my GP to do anything about my CF as its chronic and ive lost an awful lot of weight and cant eat. Can anyone suggest a really good GP who is sympathetic to CFS. via PM asap. thanks

Hi GcMAF Australia, just assuming by your name you may have an interest in GCMAF being available in Australia. May I please ask a bit of a favour? Is there any way please to contact you or inquire somehow as to legitimately get GcMAF injections imported to Australia? I have had CFS for 3 years and soon to get Nagalase results back.
Sorry if this is an abrupt way of contacting you. I have no idea what people are onto. Please PM or can send you email... Cheers