1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
August 8th - What is the one thing about suffering with severe ME that the world needs to know?
Andrew Gladman brings our coverage of the Understanding & Remembrance Day for Severe ME, airing the voice of patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

GcMAF affects endocannabinoid system & deactivates macrophages

Discussion in 'GcMAF' started by natasa778, May 23, 2014.

1. natasa778

natasa778 Senior Member

London UK
    apologies if this has already been posted and discussed ...

Sushi likes this.
  2. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

Thanks Natasa,
    did you attend this conference?
    This works seems to be measuring CB2, which is maybe the same as CNR2.
    CNR2 is expressed mainly in macrophages, so is consistant with a role of immunity/infection in autism.
    A recent paper shows Lyme disease in autism.
    Divergent Opinions of Proper Lyme Disease Diagnosis and Implications For Children Co-Morbid with Autism Spectrum Disorder:

http://www.medical-hypotheses.com/article/S0306-9877(14)00233-3/abstract
    This paper proposes that some children with an autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in the United States have undiagnosed Lyme disease and different testing criteria used by commercial laboratories may be producing false negative results. Two testing protocols will be evaluated; first, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and Infectious Disease Society of America (IDSA) approved two-tiered Enzyme Immunoassay (EIA) or Immunofluorescence Assay (IFA) followed by an IgM and/or IgG Western Blot test. Second, a clinical diagnosis (flu like symptoms, joint pain, fatigue, neurological symptoms, etc.) possibly followed by a Western Blot with a broader criteria for positive bands [1]. The hypothesis proposes that the former criteria may be producing false negative results for some individuals diagnosed with an ASD. Through an online survey parents of 48 children who have a diagnosis of an ASD and have been diagnosed with Lyme disease were asked to fill out the Autism Treatment Evaluation Checklist (ATEC) before they started antibiotic therapy and after treatment. Of the 48 parents surveyed 45 of them (94%) indicated their child initially tested negative using the two-tiered CDC/IDSA approved test. The parents sought a second physician who diagnosed their child with Lyme disease using the wider range of Western Blot bands. The children were treated with antibiotics and their scores on the ATEC improved. Anecdotal data indicated that some of the children achieved previously unattained developmental milestones after antibiotic therapy began. Protein bands OSP-A and/or OSP-B (Western blot band 31) and (Western blot band 34) were found in 44 of 48 patients. These two bands are so specific to Borrelia burgdorferi that they were targeted for use in vaccine trials, yet are not included in the IDSA interpretation of the Western Blot.
    GcMAF stimulates macrophages, I think in your blog it decreases their activity.

Regards GcMaf

3. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + South East Asia
    My macrophage activity was 31% in January while the range for a healthy person is between 65% and 95%. My LLMD took another bloodsample in May to test nagalase, GcMAF activity, proinflammatory cytokines and some other stuff after 4 months of 25ng GcMAF weekly, i expect to receive the results within a few weeks.
    The article worries me or maybe i'm not understanding it well enough. Does GcMAF lower or modulate the macrophage activity? I also have very high IL-8 which sometimes becomes even more elevated by GcMAF therapy.

4. GcMAF Australia

GcMAF Australia Senior Member

GcMAf is considered to stimulate stimulate macrophages in a way that they can deal with cancer and infections.
    There can be an increase in other things bacause of GcMAFs activities.
    My information is that using the GcMAF from Europe it helps about 50% of Lyme Disease people-
    "Around 50% of patients are benefitting from it (no cures to date...) and this has been shown in objective (pedometer and neuropsychological tests) and subjective measures (e.g. Bell’s scale for CFS; SF36). Those that benefit appear to have a reaction to it from the first injection – more fluey, weak, debilitated etc. Those that do not benefit appear to have no reaction at all to it. That seems to be a rule of thumb at the moment. Several patients have become more debilitated after taking GcMaf. "
    I can put you in contact with England if you Like>

See more popular forum discussions.