August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

gastrotic problems that get worse

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by eric_gladiator, Nov 19, 2017.

1. eric_gladiator

eric_gladiator Senior Member

It took me a few months to do more than feel bloated as if I had eaten a lot. at first I only had some gas but with the weeks they got worse without knowing why, until I reached a point that I am almost unable to eat anything since I am very bloated and that causes me a lot of anguish. I have tried probiotics, enzymes, treatments for dyspepsia ... everything alleviates something but the problem progresses and I do not know how to stop it. As a result I am sleeping very badly, there is no night that does not have nightmares or it costs me hours to sleep because of my bad digestion

2. PatJ

PatJ far and free I gaze

Canada
    I used to have a lot of discomfort after eating but after a few months of using betaine HCL with pepsin to counter low stomach acid, my digestion improved considerably. I had to start at a low dose of betaine HCL (I think my stomach lining had thinned due to very low HCL) but was able to work my way up to higher doses within a couple of weeks.

Mary likes this.
  3. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    I'm with @PatJ - taking hcl with pepsin made a huge difference with my digestion. Before started taking it, it felt like food would just sit in my stomach for hours. A doctor told me to titrate up to a dose where I felt "acidy" and then to back off by one. I have been taking it for years.

PatJ likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.