1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gastritis but NO h pylori - what now?

Discussion in 'The Gut: De Meirleir & Maes; H2S; Leaky Gut' started by justy, Aug 6, 2012.

1. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    I've just started olive leaf, just 5 mil for the last three days, feel like I've been run over by a truck - did you herx on it?

merylg likes this.
  2. Sherlock

Sherlock tart cherry etc. for joints, insomnia

Czechosherlockia, USA
    Sian, the OLE is the most powerful killer I know of. But even so, I have never actually had a Herxheimer Reaction, I know it only from theory.

I know it's powerful because it ends candida symptoms. Next in line would be cloves and raw garlic. Things like caprylic acid are useless. That's my experience.

Maybe somebody who wants to keep h. pylori at bay would work in those spices as a normal part of diet - but then again you'd want them on an empty stomach, if that's tolerable, so as not to dilute them. Raw crushed garlic for breakfast anyone? :)

Also, I suppose it's possible to be found negative for h. pylori on testing but still have some other pathogen that could be knocked off by the same substances used against h. pylori.

E.g.:
    http://jn.nutrition.org/content/131/3/1106S.full
    Protection against Helicobacter pylori and Other Bacterial Infections by Garlic 2001 FFT

justy and merylg like this.
  3. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    Sorry to be a bit late in replying. I will have to read up more on this I think. My science knowledge is rather basic and I did read the thread but some of it is way over my head (as is a lot unfortunately on PR though I am pleased that some people are doing the research and understanding it).

I am relieved to say that I only have a few of the symptoms on that long list. Thankfully my IBS is under good control now via diet though admittedly it means a lot of self control on my part!

I am currently exploring thyroid/adrenal issues which I think may have a part to play in my other symptoms.

merylg likes this.
  4. mermaid

mermaid Senior Member

Cornwall, UK
    Sorry Justy. I forgot to look for your reply! So glad that you got there even though maybe not in one piece. Sounds a nightmare with the stomach, and hope you made it back OK too.

You are right that having bad gastritis is probably not good with the Betaine - I didn't start it until mine had got a lot calmer. I was taking the dreaded PPIs for 2 yrs before I saw the light.

I hope you get the endoscopy which clearly you should be having - another NHS cutback? I had mine in the good old days 9 yrs ago now.

I like herbalists and I think that's a good way to go next. I had one who wanted to give me 'bitters' as she was convinced that my acid was low. She was right actually though I didn't know it then.....

I am lucky that my stomach is calm at last. I just have to stay on the straight and narrow. Even Roger (you will know who I mean) has now had a test and got candida apparently and leaky gut!! I had the Genova Stool test last year and was clear on most counts.

justy and merylg like this.

See more popular forum discussions.