August 8th, 2016: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis
Jody Smith joins with other ME voices in honor of Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Garden of Life Food

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Patrick123, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Patrick123

Patrick123

Would it be ok to use Garden of Life "Raw Meal" for someone with the MTHFR C6777 Double mutation?

Adlyfrost likes this.
  2. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    It looks like they add folic acid so it wouldn't be a good idea to take it. It would probably be a good idea for everyone to reduce or eliminate folic acid consumption even if they don't have MTHFR or DHFR polymorphisms.

3. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    It turns out iHerb is having a sale on the Raw Meal. I totally forgot about this thread until I noticed the "folate" listed on the ingredients. I'm sort of confused by this. Does anyone know what this means? Is the folate actually folic acid or something similar to plant folate? I'm actually considering buying the Raw Meal myself, but I don't want folic acid. I don't mind plant folate though.
    http://www.iherb.com/Garden-of-Life...lacement-Formula-Vanilla-2-5-lbs-1-1-kg/45317

Adlyfrost likes this.
  4. caledonia

caledonia

Cincinnati, OH, USA
    I think what they're saying is that the folate and anything else with an asterik on it, comes from the sprouts. So it's not an added supplement, it's something naturally found in the plants.

Adlyfrost and Lotus97 like this.
  5. Lotus97

Lotus97 Senior Member

United States
    New Chapter is selling a "Coenzyme Food B Complex". I think the b vitamins are created the same way as the b vitamins in Garden of Life's Raw Meal (dual-organism cultivation). This is how they explain the process
    http://www.iherb.com/New-Chapter-Organics-Coenzyme-B-Food-Complex-180-Tablets/68

6. Adlyfrost

Adlyfrost Senior Member

NJ
    I know this is an old thread but for anybody researching these vitamins…. Just started taking the vitamin code 50 and wiser to supplement B's because my highly methylated B regimen (which includes all top of the line coenzymated B's plus sublingual methylcobalamin and a small amount of methylfolate) has been tearing up my stomach. I think I am so toxic right now I am not ready to methylate too much.

I wanted a multi that would provide food-based trace amounts of B's in a form I could convert. So far, so good. I only take one at a time. I take them out of the capsule. They taste like nutritional yeast rather than vitamins.

And because of the yeasty taste my body tells me to only take them when my metabolism is high, when I feel demineralized or when I am already methylating and not ready for stronger stuff like methylfolate. They are good after I have had diarrhea or feel depleted of nutrients and run down. Not good when I have brain fog, when I have a fever, flu, infection or when I have yeast problems- when my tongue is white, for example.

I assume the folate is folinic acid because it is from a food source. Everything I read on the internet confirms this. If anyone finds out differently, please post.

7. alicec

alicec Senior Member

Australia
    The major form of folate in vegetables is methylfolate. Here and here are relevant posts.

See more popular forum discussions.