• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Gaps diet put me in direction to recovery

I developed CFS/ ME after 4 weeks of Levaquin treatment in June 2010 at 37 years, with 2 and 6 years old kids. My CFS/ME worsened and by June 2011, I was forced to quit my part time job and became house bound. December 2011, I developed heart muscle pains that worsened to severe ME (CFS/ME) mostly bed bound by April 2012.

During my illness, I tried all supplements with Only some improvement. May 2012- I came to know about GAPS diet and in 2weeks, I started improving slowly but surely. Fast forward 2 years into the diet (on 3rd stage of introduction diet) , I was able to work again part time!
Now, 5 years into diet, I'm much better , still part time, but much reduced crashes. Now with relapse of symptoms for last few days, but my last major crash was 1year ago! I'm in stage4 at times stage 5 of introduction GAPS diet for last 1 year.
I hope sharing of my experience might help some one some where in the world. This diet with vsl#3 probiotic and at times enema is my only treatment for last 1 year- with flares- coq10, b12 and vitamin c.
My thinking is that cfs/ me is originally from gut dysbiosis and best thing to do is to stick to diet for at least 6 months before one gives up on it.

Last edited: