Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gallstones and low iodine

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Peyt, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Hi,
    My tests show low Iodine although my thyroids are all okay.
    I constantly have gallbladder problems . (headaches, poor digestion, inability to digest fats, pain in Gallbladder area , ...etc.)
    Yesterday I was listening to a heath radio show and it was mentioned that gallstones could be cured by Iodine. So I want to bring this up to
    my N.D. the next time I go for a visit. Does anyone know if there is any studies or research that shows there is a relationship between low iodine and formation of gallstones?
    Thanks so much

Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
  2. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Ironically this is similar to 2 separate things I was looking into for myself.

Border-line low iodine serum, and gallstones were observed in sonar scan.

Iodine made me feel like a million bucks when I first tried it, then it crashed me. Was this because a missing co-factor?

Then I realized that high fats made me fatigued. Was this because of gallbladder issues?

3. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

PennyIA likes this.
  4. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Thanks for the links. I've since switched to a more balanced approach of macros. Added in more carbs like rice that I'm not sensitive to, dropped fats, and eat more olive oil instead of sat fat, and kept protein about the same.

The thing is... when you have HPA-axis issue, you want your saturated fat to be higher, to allow production of more LDL, which the body uses to produce pregnenelone. So I feel like it's still important to get sat fat.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  5. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

Looks like this thread is diverting from it's original purpose. Can anyone comment on the relationship between low Iodine and gallstone formation?

6. Peyt

Peyt Senior Member

See more popular forum discussions.