Invest in ME Conference 12: First Class in Every Way
OverTheHills wraps up our series of articles on this year's 12th Invest in ME International Conference (IIMEC12) in London with some reflections on her experience as a patient attending the conference for the first time.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gag! Was it the sulphur?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Paralee, Apr 6, 2017.

1. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    I took a Glucosamine Chondroitin this morning before I read the ingredients. I can't do sulphur (sp?) and then I realized I needed to read them and it had MSM and sulphur in it. I told myself it would be ok and about 20 min. later I was dizzy and then the toilet became my best friend for too long.

I'm wondering if just the sulphur and MSM did this to me or if something else could have contributed? Still have some kind of woozy type hangover. Thanks

2. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Welcome to the club of impaired transsulfuration :ill:

3. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    @Gondwanaland , ok, I've heard of that word with the genetics. Thanks for telling me what to call it and..........I don't like it. Even the sulphur antibiotics didn't do this bad, or maybe I'm getting worse. Gondwanaland, I finally took a little niacin and that seemed to help a little. What do you think? Oops, I thought I was misspelling sulfur.:rolleyes:

4. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Actually it appears to be a state induced by taking unbalanced B vitamins and, according to my personal interpretation of my own reactions, reflects poor glucose metabolism.

Interestingly sulfur antibiotics sent me to the ER wheezing almost having anaphylaxis, while a couple of years later MSM "just" dropped my blood pressure & blood sugar.

Paralee likes this.
  5. drob31

drob31 Senior Member

Sulpur helps me allot. So I guess it all depends....

Paralee likes this.
  6. Paralee

Paralee Senior Member

USA
    I only took about 15 mg. niacin because I know it shouldn't be overdone and I thought maybe I was over methylating. I don't completely understand the sulfur and histamine and the methylation actions. I do have a malabsorption issue with B12, I wonder if that could be it.
    Edit, not malabsorption, it goes into the makeover process somewhere, I think.

See more popular forum discussions.