1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hunting down the cause of ME/CFS & other challenging disorders - Lipkin in London
In a talk to patients in London on 3rd September, Dr. W. Ian Lipkin described the extraordinary lengths he and his team are prepared to go to in order to track down the source of an illness, with examples ranging from autism to the strange case of Kawasaki disease.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gabby's written comments to the IoM - first meeting

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Nielk, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    This is my draft of the letter I am planning on sending in.

Ritto, justinreilly and shannah like this.
  2. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    Gabby, excellent letter! Thank you.

Nielk likes this.
  3. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member

N.Ireland
    One paragraph was confusing; "You might think why is this information relevant to me? The study is proceeding as contracted by HHS and I have been chosen as a panel member to contribute to this study to the best of my abilities."

Can I suggest changing this to -you- and -your- I spent some time wondering how I had failed to pick up on the fact that you were on the panel. ;)

4. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member

N.Ireland
    Perhaps it was just me and my woolly brain just now. I do see what you are saying.... it just interrupted the flow of what you were saying. The message is good... :D

5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    o_O

I felt like it was strange when I was writing it. I was kind of continuing with the idea of you might be thinking that.....
    I guess it sounds confusing though.
    Thank you, @Keela Too

Keela Too likes this.
  6. Bob

Bob

South of England
    Great letter Gabby.

If it was my submission, I would add a clarification: that 'ME' should be separated from 'chronic fatigue' and 'CFS'.

(That would be my own approach, but you might not agree.)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    Nielk likes this.
  7. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    My take on Bob's subject- "CFS" should be retired, not allowed to exist independent of ME.

Just a suggestion on the point Keela made, maybe inserting a colon after think and capitalize the W in Why would help with clarity. It would then read:

"You might think: Why is this information relevant to me? The study is proceeding as contracted by HHS and I have been chosen as a panel member to contribute to this study to the best of myabilities."

WillowJ and Nielk like this.

See more popular forum discussions.