1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Gabby's written comments to the IoM - first meeting

Discussion in 'Institute of Medicine (IOM) Government Contract' started by Nielk, Jan 22, 2014.

1. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    This is my draft of the letter I am planning on sending in.

Ritto, justinreilly and shannah like this.
  2. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    Gabby, excellent letter! Thank you.
    Nielk likes this.
  3. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member

N.Ireland
    One paragraph was confusing; "You might think why is this information relevant to me? The study is proceeding as contracted by HHS and I have been chosen as a panel member to contribute to this study to the best of my abilities."

Can I suggest changing this to -you- and -your- I spent some time wondering how I had failed to pick up on the fact that you were on the panel. ;)
  4. Keela Too

Keela Too Senior Member

N.Ireland
    Perhaps it was just me and my woolly brain just now. I do see what you are saying.... it just interrupted the flow of what you were saying. The message is good... :D
  5. Nielk

Nielk

Queens, NY
    o_O

I felt like it was strange when I was writing it. I was kind of continuing with the idea of you might be thinking that.....
    I guess it sounds confusing though.
    Thank you, @Keela Too
    Keela Too likes this.
  6. Bob

Bob

England, UK
    Great letter Gabby.

If it was my submission, I would add a clarification: that 'ME' should be separated from 'chronic fatigue' and 'CFS'.

(That would be my own approach, but you might not agree.)
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2014
    Nielk likes this.
  7. justinreilly

justinreilly Stop the IoM & P2P! Adopt CCC!

NYC (& RI)
    My take on Bob's subject- "CFS" should be retired, not allowed to exist independent of ME.

Just a suggestion on the point Keela made, maybe inserting a colon after think and capitalize the W in Why would help with clarity. It would then read:

"You might think: Why is this information relevant to me? The study is proceeding as contracted by HHS and I have been chosen as a panel member to contribute to this study to the best of myabilities."
    WillowJ and Nielk like this.

See more popular forum discussions.