1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Dr. Kerr, I presume?
Clark Ellis brings us a rare interview with British researcher Dr. Jonathan Kerr who is now living in Colombia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

gabatril/ anyone used it??

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by heapsreal, Jan 8, 2011.

1. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    I understand gabatril is an anticonvulsant used for chronic nerve type pain and also suppose to help sleep. It looks like its used in the same way as lyrica and neurontin. I would like to use it for insomnia and nocturnal leg pain(maybe restless legs but not sure).
    Can anyone share their experience with this drug, much appreciated.

cheers!!!

2. 3CFIDS@ourhouse

3CFIDS@ourhouse still me

Southeast US
    I tried Gabatril several years ago. It seemed to help a bit with the neuro-overstimulation at first, but after several days on it I felt depressed and teary. I went off it and tried a couple of times again later with the same effect. I am so weird when it comes to medications, so don't let my experience discourage you from trying it. I hope it helps you!

3. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Thanks for replying, i dont plan on using it everyday but intermittently like a sleep tablet.

cheers!!!

4. soxfan

soxfan Senior Member

North Carolina
    I used it too way back in 2008. The first night I took the whole pill (big mistake) and woke up feeling terribly drugged and hungover. It lasted the entire day.
    The following night I took half the pill and it never made me sleep. I was just in the half awake/half asleep limbo all night. My lyme doctor had prescribed it and said it helps with deep sleep which is something I never seem to get.
    I am having problems again with sleep so I might have to try it again...I am very sensitive to meds so my experience might not be normal.

5. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    its a tough one trying to find something that will work all the timeor even half the time, lol as i try to alternate my sleep stuff to avoid tolerance, it helps but eventually tolerance catches up and need to take and extended break from certain meds. gabitril is on my list of things to talk too the doc about.

cheers!!!

See more popular forum discussions.