1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Leptin
Andrew Gladman reflects upon the recent IACFS/ME conference and the buzz surrounding a small molecule, leptin.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

G.I Results Panel

Discussion in 'Diagnostic Guidelines and Laboratory Testing' started by Ben Howell, Mar 29, 2013.

1. sianrecovery

sianrecovery Senior Member

Manchester UK
    interesting paper that MeSci, thanks.
  2. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

Ok, I know this may sound a bit out of left field, but the OCD/anxiety thing makes me think about BH4. Genetic inability to synthesise BH4,, interferes with B12 transport & messes with dopamine and serotonin. Low serotonin, cos of low Bh4, leads to loss of gut motility etc.

Stress depletes BH4 massively from what I read.

Researchers are talking about BH4 in relation to bipolar and schizophrenia but perhaps milder BH4 deficiency results in anxiety and OCD?

I notice Dr Amy Yasko is all about lithium these days...and there is a relationship between lithium and BH4. I'm not sure but I think lithium up regulates BH4 genes?

It would be interesting to know who has got snps in bh4 synthesising and processing genes on their 23andme panels.
    kakrpa, Ben Howell and sianrecovery like this.
  3. kakrpa

kakrpa

I would love to know the answer to this as well - I have mutations that all point to low tetrahydrofolate and am looking into supplementing directly with BH4. My symptoms are severe anxiety/OCD. BH4 may not be a cure, but possibly will help with any underlying BH4 process issue?

See more popular forum discussions.