• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Further insights into war against data sharing: Science Media Centre’s letter writing campaign to UK

halcyon

Viewed in this context, I think it's clear that White and pals have one true motivation behind all of this. They don't give a lick about academic freedom, harassment, patient confidentiality, etc. Their motivation is purely personal gain. They want exclusive rights over "their" data so they can maintain their little fiefdom and slowly drip out papers over decades in order to build their careers. If the data is freely available it ruins their ability to do so.

No one should be given exclusive rights to data that was generated using public funds.

jimells

Dr Coyne said:
Is there a remarkable coincidence in Lewandowsky and Bishop attempting to make data sharing so complicated, just when the PACE investigators are urgently seeking reasons not to share their data? Here is some evidence that it is not a coincidence.

Dorothy Bishop is an adviser to the Science Media Centre founded by Simon Wessely. The SMC is coordinating a letter writing campaign to Parliament instigated by Peter White attempting to get an exclusion from the Freedom of Information Act for request for data.

We really are dealing with a criminal conspiracy organized by a small club - it's not just our overactive imaginations.

We really are dealing with a criminal conspiracy organized by a small club - it's not just our overactive imaginations.

Nothing criminal about it. Also, expect that many of those involved consider themselves to be decent people doing the sensible thing. Which is why the Freedom of Information act, and open data, are so important. The people at the top of society should not be trusted to decide amongst themselves how the rest of us should be treated.

jimells

Nothing criminal about it.

If A hires B to conduct fraudulent research with pre-determined claims of treatment effectiveness, and those claims are used to harm people, that looks like a criminal conspiracy to me. When Big Pharma does it, they get their hands slapped. When Big Tobacco did it, they paid billions and billions (did anyone go to jail? probably not).

It will be interesting to see if the Wessely School has got the right connections to escape prosecution. Eventually there will be a class action lawsuit - some hungry lawyer will smell the blood in the water. I can't wait to see that.

Also, expect that many of those involved consider themselves to be decent people doing the sensible thing.

Well of course. Even Stalin loved his daughter, after a fashion. And his hatchet men were just following orders and never questioned whether those orders were moral or not.

Last edited:

SilverbladeTE

They and many others involved in similar hellishly evil, abusive crap, should be arrested.

more people are realizing how huge the webs of corruption, nepotism, abuse, cover ups, secret societies, "you scratch my back and I'll cover up your crimes" etc, that is going on.
The UK's Elties largely need *wiped out*.
note: I'd rather have them broken and made to eat humble pie, banned form ever holding any position of power for rest of their life and made to live like we peons. No more "Elites", ever again, always destroys societies :(
Some of 'em are so obscene, powerful and dangerous they are menace and have to be "deep sixed" to protect the Public.

Blech, yes I do know concerns ala French and Russian Revolutions and Cambodia's insanity...but our Elite *ARE* monstrous criminals :/

Last edited by a moderator:

soti

what was that thing I saw somewhere about "evil = desire + denial"? seems about right.