1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Join the National PR Campaign for ME: Power to the Patient (P2tP)
Have you had enough of all the neglect and abuse of ME/CFS patients? Gabby Klein says now is the time for a National PR Campaign for ME/CFS to impress a change. Join the Patient Revolution to restore power to ME patients ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

fundraising project

Discussion in 'Fundraising' started by Tuha, Oct 31, 2013.

1. Tuha

Tuha Senior Member

Hi,

I would like to ask you about a fundraising project which is in my mind for a long time.I would be happy about your opinion (even negativ one).

I think that patients money are important source of funding ME research especially in our situation when there is a poor governemental support.I was impressed how much money the patients were able to donate in the last months - I think it was at least 500 000 USD and it was only for Norwegian and UK rhituximab study - so if we would count other studies it would be certainly more. Now there is this "Canary in a Coal mine" which got almost 100 000 USD after some days.

I thought about creating "ongoing fundraising project" - actively promote some research studies. For example we would say 5 studies and each study would have for example 100 000 USD budget maximum. We would take them from different countries:
    - US
    - Canada
    - UK
    - Australia/ New Zeeland
    - European countries
    - later we could add also other countries if we would be successful

If for example we got enough money for a US study then we would chose another US study to promote. So it would be like neverending ongoing fundraising campaign. I think if we would promote good and the patients would see that the others donate - they would be much more motivated to donate also. What do you think about? Thanks for any input.

tuha

aimossy likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.