• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Full Yasko followup?

aquariusgirl

I think most of them gave up... and moved on to other things. I know one is trying ampligen... One is seeing Dr Klimas. Trina may still be working with Yasko...Marcia posted about her experience doing full yasko for a couple of years on the CFSFMexperimental yahoo group in the past six months.

greenshots

I can see why they would give up! before I got the doctor I have now, I was at my wits end with that protocol and about to give up and I had several friends who did throw in the towel. It was way too complicated and cost way too much money! We could never have survived with one of us doing all of the stuff she wants let alone 3 of us. From the sounds of it, my doc is a good compromise between the simple methylation protocol and Yasko since she would never ask us to be on even close to 80-100 supplements! Plus, we all got major results! But honestly, I would never go down that path alone again, it was utterly nuts!

Angela

baccarat

I've read a quite a few posts recently about those doing the Y protocol. I got interested but my means are limited...
Question for those of you who have been following the protocol or know others doing it. Does it make a significant difference vs. the SMP? Is it worth it?
Are there any studies? (can't find any).

greenshots

Yes, I know for sure that on one of our last visits, she had people coming in from France to see her. When I asked her asst why they didn't just skype or call, she said they wanted to be fully tested here as well so preferred seeing her in person. So I know calling or skyping is an option. of course, I was curious bout them so tried to wait a bit longer in order to see them but her asst said absolutely not, I had to leave. I guess I wouldn't want people oggling me either. Seems smarter to save the money on flights, etc., and use it on treatment and testing but maybe they had the extra cash.

As for us, we have to use our funds wisely but boy oh boy has this streamlined protocol saved our lives!

Angela

Angela, Does your doctor treat international patients (via phone)?