• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Frustrated with lack of progress with Famvir

Wally

I did see Dr. K. I had discontinued the Inosine by the time of my appointment due to the side effects. Dr. K added Valcyte to the Famvir I was already taking. We briefly discussed LDN and he said that his patients who responded to it were patients where pain was a severe symptom (I don't have that). He didn't believe it increased NK cell function. He said if 6 months of Valcyte/Famvir didn't improve my symptoms, I could apply to be in an upcoming Rituximab study.

Just wondering if you have had any improvement in your symptoms since adding Valcyte to your antiviral treatment?

Ruthie24

@seansee- not trying to sound sexist or anything but truly wondering if there isn't something in the male vs female immune system that makes it more likely for males to have a better outcome with this? I remember watching a video by, I think Dr Broderick, who was describing the differences between the two and how vastly more complicated the female immune system was to chart. Obviously that's painting with a broad brush as I can think of several females who've gotten improvements with antivirals and several males who haven't, but in general, it seems like the trend has been along those lines. Just a thought.....