• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Fruit Pectin Chelates Heavy Metals and Facilitates Drug Detox

amaru7

Alright, this will be just a C&P job, because I don't have the power now to write about it myself. The thing ist that Pectin sounds intiguing as a good and gentle way of detoxification. It is also found naturally in unshelled apples (=> think: One apple a day...) I'm not sure, but I've read about it in a German forum where it supposedly has done wonders for a few who tried citrus pectin as a supplement mixed with watter - so I'm wondering, if anyone of you also had any experience with taking this as a supplement.

In the following article I've done some coloring/bolding text for those who might not be able to read it completely through, so it's easier to skim through.

The article:

(NaturalNews) Fruit pectin is effective for removing contaminants from the body such as heavy metals and unwanted drug residue. When these substances deposit in the body's cells, they contribute to a variety of serious diseases. Detoxifying the body from heavy metals and contaminants optimizes health and allows the body to repair itself. Using fruit pectin for home detox programs can be successful as long as people follow some common sense precautions regarding dosage.

When preparing to use pectin there are a few guidelines and tips to make it easier.

Recognizing Candidates for Heavy Metals and Drug Detoxification

Heavy metals exist throughout the environment contributing to serious health problems. Mercury is used in dental fillings and vaccines and contaminates waterways. Cadmium, found in cigarette smoke and exhaust fumes, permeates the air. Lead was used in paints, food, water pipes, pesticides, cosmetics and children's toys.

Some prescription medications are deposited in the body's tissues, and once in the system they are difficult to eliminate. Medications such as chemotherapy are known to be problematic creating an environment that not only destroys cancer cells, but also weakens the overall immune system.

Anyone over-exposed to these substances will benefit from using pectin to remove heavy metals and unwanted drug residues from the body.

What is Fruit Pectin and Where is it Found?

Pectin is a substance found naturally in many fruits whose properties make it excellent for use for making jellies. Pectin also has the ability to pull heavy metals and other contaminants from the blood stream through a process called chelation. These contaminants are excreted through normal urination.

Pectin is found in the rinds of many fruits and vegetables. Excellent sources of pectin are bananas, apples, cabbage, okra, beets, grapes, carrots and all citrus fruit in the white part called the pith.

Gently Detox from Contaminants and Heavy Metals

Eat several servings of high-pectin fruit daily for a natural, gentle detox. One of the best sources of pectin is green apples. Organic apple juice and unsweetened applesauce are also good sources of natural fruit pectin.

Using Pectin to Chelate Heavy Metals and for Deep Drug Detox
For a deeper and more controlled detox, find pectin at the grocery store in the canning section. Pectin made especially for chelating heavy metals and drugs is available at health food stores in powdered form. Check labels to make sure the pectin is free of MSG.

To use pectin, mix 2-4 teaspoons of dry pectin to an 8 oz. glass of grape juice once a day. Start with a lower dose of pectin until the body gets used to it and increase the amount slowly.

Continue taking pectin for a period from 2 weeks to 6 months to complete a drug detox or when chelating heavy metals. Indicators for completing the detox period are a reduction in symptoms. Although there is no such thing as a symptom-free detoxification during chelation therapy, if pectin is taken in small quantities over a period of time, overall health will return as energy increases and disease symptoms disappear.

Supervision for Heavy Metals Chelation and Drug Detox

People addicted to narcotics of any form should use pectin only under supervision during drug detox.

Pectin can cause problems in people who are sensitive. Some people may experience a flare up of their symptoms during the detox period including dizziness, nausea, joint or muscle pain, weakness and fatigue. Reducing the amount of the dose is usually enough to lessen symptoms making the detox experience more comfortable. Seek medical supervision to help with dosing.

Sources:

The Environmental Illness Resource
http://www.ei-resource.org/store/nutritional-and-herbal-supplements/c...

http://www.peoplespharmacy.com/2009/08/31/pectin-for-arthritis-pain/

NilaJones

Cool idea!

i would love to hear from anyone who knows what the science behind this might be, or who has tried it for themselves :).