1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A Little Poisoning Along the Road to ME/CFS
Looking at my symptoms, many of which are far less these days and some are gone, it would be easy to figure that I'd just been dealing with some heavy-duty menopausal issues.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Fruit Juice is Not a Low Calorie Food

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Little Bluestem, May 17, 2013.

1. Little Bluestem

Little Bluestem Senescent on the Illinois prairie, USA

Midwest, USA
    It says so, in very fine print, on one of my juice bottles.

A couple of days ago I made an out of town shopping trip. I took along a 16 oz. bottle of pineapple coconut water and an 8 oz bottle of mixed ‘green’ juice to keep myself hydrated.

When I got home I had no appetite, despite the fact that I had not eaten a lot that day. I checked the juice bottles and found that they contained 58 grams of sugar and 260 calories.

Yesterday I felt sick and had diarrhea. I wondered of all of the juice might have something to do with it. When reading this site last night, I saw that rlc had posted on a thread about ribose

2. Sparrow

Sparrow Senior Member

Canada
    Yup. Undiluted fruit juice isn't much better than cola in terms of calories and sugar (though obviously it has nutrients that cola is lacking).

Fructose can also cause diarrhea. People get it sometimes from fruit juice or eating too much fruit.

Valentijn, Little Bluestem and ahimsa like this.

See more popular forum discussions.