New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

From Moscow -- 5 Minutes of Delightful Entertainment

Discussion in 'Spirituality and ME/CFS' started by Wayne, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Just received this email. Watching the 5-min. video lifted my spirits, so thought I'd share it here in case anybody else might find it entertaining or uplifting. It's always nice to see joy in the world!
    -
    This dancing is filmed on Moscow's “overlook” in Sparrow Hills. Looking down from the “overlook” you see the largest stadium in Russia (140k capacity). The ski jump is for practice and training; if you make a mistake, you end up in the river below. The church at the end opposite to the ski jump is Holy Trinity Russian Orthodox Church and it's beautiful. The large building on the opposite side of the road beside the overlook is the Moscow State University and the top of the tall center tower has one of the Kremlin stars.

Try to not smile as you watch this -- but you will. It is a nice, gentle clip. “Putting on the Ritz” in Moscow, no less! What a crazy, delightful, ever-changing world! Who could have thought that in 2015 young people in Moscow would put on a "flash mob" happening, dancing to an 83-year-old American song, written by a Russian-born American Jew, Irving Berlin? Make sure your sound is on!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/KgoapkOo4vg?rel=0

2. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @Wayne - that was so much fun! Just what I needed this morning - thank you! :thumbsup:

barbc56 and Wayne like this.
  3. hellytheelephant

hellytheelephant Senior Member

S W England
    Thank you @Wayne this is fantastic and so uplifting! How wonderful that we can see so many things from around the world via Youtube :balloons:

Wayne and Mary like this.
  4. sarah darwins

sarah darwins I told you I was ill

Cornwall, UK
    Awe.some!

Wayne likes this.
  5. Mary

Mary Senior Member

Southern California
    @Wayne - I've sent this to several other people, and already received a couple of very positive responses - thanks again!

Wayne likes this.
  6. barbc56

barbc56 Senior Member

Was this done for the wedding? I still have the song in my head but I'm not complaining!

Ive also shared this.

Barb

ETA It was for the wedding. For some reason the video stopped before it was finisheda,

7. Wayne

Wayne Senior Member

Ashland, Oregon
    Nice to see how many of you enjoyed this video clip. Barb, I was confused by that same thing. I even mentioned to my wife how I hoped I hadn't created too much confusion on the board by posting it. :angel:

She then proceeded to show me how I had left an empty plastic bag in the refrigerator in an upright position, and wondered what that was about. I could only speculate. :rolleyes::)

barbc56, Scarecrow and sarah darwins like this.
  8. Aurator

Aurator Senior Member

I actually found it rather depressing; they all looked so damn healthy and energetic.
    But yes, a nice video.

9. Old Bones

Old Bones Senior Member

Although I found the video @Wayne posted uplifting rather than depressing, I know what you mean. Prior to ME, I really enjoyed watching competitive figure skating. Post ME, their routines merely reminded me how significantly impaired I am. l gave up watching years ago -- the comparison was just too painful.

See more popular forum discussions.