• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

From Canary in a Coal Mine: LET'S RETIRE THE LAZY-TIRED IMAGE

Sasha

Fine, thank you
'very ill patient' comes up with some good ones.

That's very interesting - I searched earlier on 'tube fed' and rejected them because it showed a load of people in hospital getting IV fluids and our experience here in the UK is that you've got as much chance of being hospitalised with ME and getting medical treatment here as you have of winning the lottery.

They struck me as images of what should be happening, but isn't! :)

Do you think they reflect the US experience, @Nielk?

Nielk

That's very interesting - I searched earlier on 'tube fed' and rejected them because it showed a load of people in hospital getting IV fluids and our experience here in the UK is that you've got as much chance of being hospitalised with ME and getting medical treatment here as you have of winning the lottery.

They struck me as images of what should be happening, but isn't! :)

Do you think they reflect the US experience, @Nielk?

Not exactly the hospital ones. At least, though it is a more appropriate setting then an office. There are some with IV infusions. I think those do reflect reality. It is hard to find the "perfect" image for an invisible serious illness.

Valentijn

"syncope" has some which might be good
and "flu" if you ignore the tissue ones :p
"disabled" + "illness" has a few good ones - some non-elderly who actually look sick and weak
"fatal" is good for getting that half-dead look