• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Frightening

I have had chronic fatigue syndrome for 22 years and believe I have had some infections that have not been treated. Recently I have been experiencing symptoms associated with psychosis. Those around me believe that that I have experienced a breakdown. Although, I know that this is organic in nature rather than being simply a chemical imbalance in my brain.

One of the main aspects that is terrifying is the fact that my long-term memory is being affected. A number of my symptoms are similar to those affected by lyme psychosis.

Additionally, I have a a very strange symptom; when I am about to rest or sleep my mind starts to become wild. It Generates images and situations that I've never experienced but they are very real. My mind jumps from one thing to another but I'm scared of this is crossing over into time when I'm trying to concentrate, watch TV, interact with the children et cetera. I've had this for a number of years but it's got worse recently. Additionally my ability to visualise is decreasing. This is very difficult to explain.