Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Friend of WPI for 60 $ year

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Rita, Oct 16, 2010.

1. Rita

Rita Senior Member

2. dipic

dipic Senior Member

My old man donated a fairly decent amount of money to the WPI and never got so much as an indication that "hey, we got your money", let alone a thank you or the other crap mentioned.

I realize they are very busy and all (to say the least), and I'm sure this wasn't intentional, but for some reason it irks me a tiny bit. Has anyone else who has donated so far gotten a letter back from them (or anything at all, really?)

3. Lynn

Lynn Senior Member

Yes, my husband and I made a generous donation last December. They sent us a nice thank you letter and a WPI pin (a butterfly). And now of course we are on their mailing list and we get news of their events.

DIPICI, I hope the donation that your Dad made didn't get lost in the shuffle.

Lynn

4. LJS

LJS Insert Witty Comment Here

East Coast, USA
    Same here, they say they will send out email newsletters and special updates to people who donates $60+, I donated way more then $60 and have recived nothing, not even a thank you email. I do not want anything but it would be nice to get a email confirming the donation.

5. Hope123

Hope123 Senior Member

It depends on when you donate too I suppose. I donated $100 and it took about 7-8 months before I got a confirmation letter, a pin, and then, following that, an invite to their special charity event this year, which I could not attend due to this illness. I do know they took $100 out of my account within a month so I knew they had recieved it.

They could be better by acknowledging donors quicker though, even if only by e-mail or a quick card.

6. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

:thumbsup: Well, I'm not from the WPI but thanks for the donations! :thumbsup:

7. glenp

glenp "and this too shall pass"

Vancouver Canada suburbs
    I hope that they got all of the donations that people donated?

8. safari

safari

I donated through Paypal and received a confirmation receipt I will use for taxes. No butterfly pin, but no big deal...

9. eric_s

eric_s Senior Member

Switzerland/Spain (Valencia)
    I donated more than 60$ too and didn't get anything, but it doesn't matter to me.

See more popular forum discussions.