Choline on the Brain? A Guide to Choline in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
http://phoenixrising.me/research-2/the-brain-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-mecfs/choline-on-the-brain-a-guide-to-choline-in-chronic-fatigue-syndrome-by-cort-johnson-aug-2005
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Friend date ideas?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by Nightingale, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Nightingale

Nightingale Chronically Cool

Hey guys!

So I've made a friend online who is an able person. She's lovely, but she doesn't know I have CFS. I will tell her, I just haven't yet (I never know how to put it in a way that people take it seriously). Anyways, I want to meet up with her for a "friend date", but I'm not sure what we could do with my condition. I like going and doing things with people to break the ice, as opposed to a coffee or a meal date.

Do you guys have any ideas for some low impact female friendship dates?

For context I'm moderately affected. I can go out for an hour or two, usually in a wheelchair if there's too much walking involved.

Thanks! :)

2. Runner5

Runner5 Senior Member

PNW
    I'm a fan of feeding ducks, coffee shops, parks and libraries. :D

For me, the worst dates were movies because it's uncomfortable sitting next to someone I don't know and you never get to talk to them + if you hate the movie and they love it is awkward.

Best of luck!

Nightingale and BadBadBear like this.
  3. Dechi

Dechi Senior Member

I go out to dinner with my friends usually. Sometimes walk for a few minutes. Feeding ducks is a really neat idea, as long as there’s a place to sit nearby.

Nightingale and BadBadBear like this.
  4. Nightingale

Nightingale Chronically Cool

Thanks for the ideas! I looked it up and there's a place to feed the ducks in some gardens near me, so I think I'm going to go with that idea. :)

Lolo likes this.
  5. SickOfSickness

SickOfSickness Senior Member

US
    I hope it goes well :)

6. Magnum

Magnum

USA
    I hope it goes well! I like the idea of feeding ducks, because it allows for an ebb and flow of conversation. Chat about favorite TV shows or books. One thing I've tried with friends: teach each other something! For example, I have a buddy who speaks a second language I don't. She occasionally tries to teach me some words in that language, and I'll trade her the same words in a language I know but she doesn't. We haven't gotten far, but it's fun to watch each other try pronouncing new things lol.

7. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

restaurant! you can linger after and chat, have tea/coffee etc. or coffee shop + chat.

See more popular forum discussions.