• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Freshveggies methylation journey

freshveggies

I am seeing improvements with this protocol. I did take an extra mb12 at 4;30 yesterday and took some progesterone at bed and did not sleep. I might have fallen asleep sometime after 2:30. I have not been able to take progesterone at night without it affecting my sleep, but my body needs it. Could the later mb12 be a problem? I had also upped my thyroid yesterday too. Too many variables and I didn't intend for that to happen. I am going backwards today to the old thyroid amount, no progesterone at night and no mb12 after 3:00.

I have a trend of having a hard to sleeping the last 2 weeks of my cycle. It is a real bummer. I am thinking of trying herbals for hormones and see if they will help better than the bio-identical hormones.

Crux

My vertigo and dizziness continued for a month or more after starting Mb12. It may take some time to resolve the neurological damage from B12 deficiency.

Hi freshveggies. How is it going with Fredd's protocol? Are you still noticing improvements? I anticipate starting it myself within the next month or so, and am just laying the groundwork with some labs. Did you, by chance, run the Yasko panel, or do you have any insight into whether that is beneficial to us CFS/ME folk, or if the Vitamin Diagnostics one is sufficient? Thanks!

freshveggies

HI, I have seen improvement with this protocol over the other protocol I was on. I have backed downa nd am only taking 1 mb12, 1/4-1/2 adb b12 and 1 ET b12, plus 2 b-complex and 1 metafolin a day. I do take the co-factors, but have not added anything else in. I did do the health Diagnostics test in the beginning, but since have run a 23 and me and am waiting for the results. I found a doctor who is more local who will help me with the 23 and me and give me guidance on my methylation cycle. I feel good about finding a doctor who I can drive to and visiti with who knows this stuff. Although it is a 3 hour drive each way. That is not bad for the area I live in.

Great to hear that you're already seeing improvement, as you are what, a little over a month into the protocol? Will you have to do any sort of metals detox at some point? I am just starting to learn about the protocol, and not quite sure how everything goes. Did you have any MTHFR mutations, and do you do anything to address those aside from Fredd's protocol?

I'm also happy to hear you've found a more local doctor to help in advising. I can relate, and should I find someone myself, it would be a 3 hour drive for me as well (Milwaukee).

freshveggies

3 hours isn't bad. Last one I had to fly halfway across the country. Metal detox is a possibility. She said it was done wrong for me last time I did it. She said we need to get the doors open before we do anything else. I don't know what mutations I have yet as I have not received the 23 and me yet. I will post those when I get it back.

Hi freshveggies. Where would I find Fredd's most recent Protocol posted? It's hard to keep up with all the links, revisions, etc. being posted all over the place. Also, would I be able to order the supplements and get started on some of them prior to getting my methylation panel results back? I know the dosage may need to be adjusted once I know my specific requirements, but would the supplements to get started be the same for everyone, across the board?

freshveggies

you could start with the co-factors like A, E, C, Zinc, b-complex--see Freds list on the protocol. Others on the board might be able to help you with the results of the methylation panel.
here is Fred's most recent protocol. It will say what to start with. I use the douglas b-complex listed.
http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/active-b12-protocol-basics.10138/

here is a very long thread of Freds protocol . I read it all. http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?threads/b-12-the-hidden-story.142/

This is from Rich---how to interpret methylation panel results: http://forums.phoenixrising.me/inde...o-people-in-new-york-state.17991/#post-274229

I hope this heps.

Ooooh! That helps soooo much! Thanks a million! Happy healing to you, my friend, and please keep me updated on your progress!