1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Frequent/High Volume Urination

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by xks201, Oct 19, 2012.

1. xks201

xks201 Senior Member

Any of you get this? Do you also have OI symptoms?
  2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    I used to before they balance me out. It was worse at night. I am on an OI protocol that is working well, I think the pee is called diabetes insipidus (or something like that). So I am on 4 to 6 salt tablets of salt (to retain the water), then Potassium 700mg a day or so but I am borderline, and florinef (prescription for OI). And A lot of water (64oz - 96oz a day). Is called a methylation panel I think, they will check your electrolytes so you know what and how much to take of salt and potasium.

They used to tell me to drink water and the more I drank the more dehydrated, and pee more than I got in. I like the rule to use your lips: if your lips are dry then you need to drink more and electrolyte more.
  3. beaverfury

beaverfury beaverfury

West Australia
    Yep, and yep. OI symptoms fluctuate
  4. Timaca

Timaca Senior Member

5. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

Amersfoort, Netherlands
    Yeah, I mostly just have that happen when I crash though.
  6. taniaaust1

taniaaust1 Senior Member

Sth Australia
    Yes.. extremely common issue of ME.

I was peeing so much that having to wakeup and pee 6-7 times a night for ages.. a homoeopath actually fixed that issue so then I was only needing to pee once a night. (its the only ME symptom Ive had which homoeopathic med helped with).

Im now peeing almost normally during the day after the addition of Florinef (helps one retain salt and hence water and hence also helps OI by boosting blood volume) being added to my meds.

If you have this issue you should get it treated.. its not a symptom one needs to be living with.

See more popular forum discussions.