• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Frequent/High Volume Urination

Seven7

Seven
I used to before they balance me out. It was worse at night. I am on an OI protocol that is working well, I think the pee is called diabetes insipidus (or something like that). So I am on 4 to 6 salt tablets of salt (to retain the water), then Potassium 700mg a day or so but I am borderline, and florinef (prescription for OI). And A lot of water (64oz - 96oz a day). Is called a methylation panel I think, they will check your electrolytes so you know what and how much to take of salt and potasium.

They used to tell me to drink water and the more I drank the more dehydrated, and pee more than I got in. I like the rule to use your lips: if your lips are dry then you need to drink more and electrolyte more.

taniaaust1

Yes.. extremely common issue of ME.

I was peeing so much that having to wakeup and pee 6-7 times a night for ages.. a homoeopath actually fixed that issue so then I was only needing to pee once a night. (its the only ME symptom Ive had which homoeopathic med helped with).

Im now peeing almost normally during the day after the addition of Florinef (helps one retain salt and hence water and hence also helps OI by boosting blood volume) being added to my meds.

If you have this issue you should get it treated.. its not a symptom one needs to be living with.