Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

free tools for analysis

Discussion in 'Genetic Testing and SNPs' started by fibrodude84, Oct 29, 2014.

1. fibrodude84

fibrodude84 Senior Member

I got my 23andme raw data and have no clue what to do with it. What tools can be used free? I did genetic genie and now need to make sense of it.

23andme raw data list 3 types of downloads do I need all 3 or is one complete? It seems some are finding data that is specific but mine is all numbers.

2. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

fibrodude84 likes this.
  3. Methyl Health

Methyl Health

4. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    fibrodude84 likes this.
  5. fibrodude84

Promethease link says $5 :( maybe I'll just pay a few sites to gain more info.

6. Valentijn

Valentijn Senior Member

I disagree about NutraHacker ... they cut and paste whatever they find on the internet with no real understanding of it. They also plagiarized some of my comments here, word for word.

J.G likes this.
  7. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    The raw data can easily be formatted and snps can be grouped together into tables based on the rs number. That' what I saw that Sterlings app did with a little explanation for $20 a pop. If I get some time I'll write my own version and make available on the web.

Gondwanaland likes this.
  8. Methyl Health

Methyl Health

Yes, I agree with your comment. I like MTHFRSupport much better. I took down my blog for various reasons but if it was still up I would change it. :)

Valentijn likes this.
  9. sregan

sregan Senior Member

Southeast
    http://www.stopthethyroidmadness.com/mthfr/

Live Wello seems to be a new one here:
    • Genetic Genie, which will look at your methylation genetics just by reading your 23andMe raw data.
    • Live Wello, which gives a great deal of information to you based on 23and me, plus links to learn more about each gene’s potential problem.
    • Nutrahacker will tell you what supplements you need to take, and which ones plus more you need to avoid, due to your mutations. It’s very interesting!
    • Sterling Hill’s app http://www.mthfrsupport.com/sterlings-app/ or you can contact her and pay for a call to help with interpretation of your genetics.

fibrodude84 likes this.
  10. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Trying to decide between Sterling's ($20) and Promethease ($5)... I will need one for me and one for DH. Of course I prefer the less expensive alternative, but also the most helpful. Do they have overlapping info? Do I need both?

11. fibrodude84

I found both very helpful. Some overlap some new. Honestly id get both.

Gondwanaland likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.