1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS: A disease at war with itself
We can all agree that ME/CFS is a nasty disease, particularly in its severe form, but there are abundant nasty diseases in the world. What is unique and particularly confounding about our disease is that so much controversy surrounds it, and not only surrounds it, but invades it too.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Free test for ciguatera toxin poisoning - University of Hawaii

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by _Kim_, Jan 26, 2010.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Today from Co-Cure

2. Andrew

Andrew Senior Member

Los Angeles, USA
    People might want to consider this. Ciguatera is a neurotoxin. And a toxin similar to ciguatera was found in CFS patients by the people doing this study.
  3. ggingues

ggingues $10 gift code at iHerb GAS343 of $40

Concord, NH
    My response from researchers:

Lipid Titer

Undiluted, 1:5, 1:10, 1:20, 1:40, 1:80, 1:160, Control
    2+, +, +, +, +/-, -, -, -

__ X_ Results resemble CFS profile _ __ Results resemble normal profile

1+ or + = positive result; +/- = borderline result; - = negative result; w=weak

**Note: The last +/- result is considered the endpoint titer. Positive or borderline titers that are equal to or
    greater than 1:40 resemble a CFS lipid profile.

Explanation of the CFS Profile Test:

This laboratory test is a modified immunoassay that is capable of detecting lipophilic
    substances that are likely structurally similar to the marine neurotoxin ciguatoxin in
    serological samples. A positive test result (positive or borderline titers at or above 1:40)
    indicates that the patient has an elevated acetone-soluble lipid component when
    compared to normal samples that is indicative of chronic fatigue syndrome. Studies are
    currently underway to determine the causative component(s).

Full text articles of previous studies further explaining the scientific methods and test
    interpretation can be found at the National CFIDS Foundation website resources library
    located at: http://www.ncf-net.org/library.htm.

See more popular forum discussions.