1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Give ME the Money
Graham McPhee spells out some of the cold, hard facts about the dismal state of ME research and politics, and has some suggestions as to what we can do about it ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Free Mikovits web talk from Cheney Clinic/Wednesday Feb. 10th! 1:00 EST

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by FernRhizome, Feb 8, 2010.

1. CJB

CJB Senior Member

Oregon
    When I refresh, I get the video for a second, then the Cheney Research pic comes back up. Arghhhh. I can hear better when I can see, too!

2. CJB

CJB Senior Member

Oregon
    Do we know where this is being held? I know the weather is pretty bad in some parts of the US and that could account for the poor turn-out.

3. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    That was happening for me too. I went back and reloaded the whole thing and now it works.

4. Rita

Rita Senior Member

Only the people in this luxurius room??? I can recognize Cheney`s back

5. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

The announcement says that Judy is visiting the Cheney clinic. Don't know about the rest of you :confused: but there are no chandeliers in my doctor's office :(

6. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

I merged the two threads on this.

7. bullybeef

bullybeef Senior Member

North West, England, UK
    We're lucky to have bulbs in my doctors!!! That’s the NHS for you!!

8. calzy

calzy Senior Member

Naples Florida

HAHA..lol..thats not his office..Ive been to it many times! and it in Ashville North Carolina...in the beautiful mountains...Im sure the turnout is low due to the weather.

9. gracenote

Santa Rosa, CA
    Judy needs an audio / visual technologist to travel with her. Maybe a young, eager student.

Also a PR person. Her other talk wasn't well attended, either.

10. CJB

CJB Senior Member

Oregon
    Yippee!!! I've missed half of the presentation, but I'm getting video and audio with Firefox.

11. CJB

CJB Senior Member

Oregon
    If his clinic is in North Carolina, that's where my husband is right now. They cancelled his flight back home tomorrow and told him he'd be lucky to get out of there on Saturday. Record snowfall all up and down the eastern seaboard. Washington DC is shut down. I'm watching the news reporters making fools out of themselves in the snow!!

12. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

National Weather Service has issued a blizzard warning for Asheville. JM is amazing. Most others would have canceled their talk, but she DOES NOT QUIT.

13. Dorothy

Dorothy

The mountain counties in NC are under a blizzard warning and they're having very high winds....downed trees and power lines are expected, and schools are closed. Assuming this talk is being held near Dr. Cheney's office in Asheville NC, the weather there has got to be terrible.

14. gracenote

Santa Rosa, CA
    It just ends like that?

15. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

no goodbyes?

16. Kati

Kati Patient in training

sounds like they didn't want us to hear the thank yous and the Q and A

17. gracenote

Santa Rosa, CA
    No questions and answers? I was hoping Cheney would ask a bunch of great questions.

18. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

was that Cheney in the front row?

19. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Aargh! The last thing I heard her say was " a patient advocacy group sent in 20 samples..." - did anyone hear what she said next?

20. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    I think she's really getting this talk down - it flowed much better.

He must have rented a hotel conference room; no chandeliers when I was in his clinic.

See more popular forum discussions.