1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Free Mikovits web talk from Cheney Clinic/Wednesday Feb. 10th! 1:00 EST

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by FernRhizome, Feb 8, 2010.

1. Lily

Lily *Believe*

Thanks to all - Kim, Froufox, OvertheHills, Garcia! Ain't teamwork great! I love it. So happy to be a part of a great team!

Team player anytime,
    Lily
  2. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Thanks garcia and froufox.

I've edited Part I, both in this thread and on the Home page article. Well done.
  3. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Lily, it's the team aspect of transcribing that got me hooked. And look at how fast we got that done!!! I do think it's pretty remarkable for a bunch of sickies. We really do underestimate how powerful we are when we work together.
  4. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Thank you so much to all 4 of you to spend time transcribing. certainly it eases understanding of the talk, and it is great laymen information that you can copy and paste and print out for health care professionals that are new o ME/CFS/XMRV/XAND.

(((HUGS)))
  5. OverTheHills

OverTheHills

New Zealand
    Updated transcription and other stuff

I've made the corrections suggested by Garcia and Froufox, and as Garcia suggests ignored the bit where Judy has stopped making sense.

Mea Culpa, the"!" after host was mine. I understand why Judy as a professional researcher/retrovirologist describes us as "hosts", and I don't mean any criticism of her, but it just struck me as amusing. As though I would be greeting the retrovirus with a nice cup of tea and some freshly-baked fruit cake.

{Love your use of the spooky Time Tunnel by the way Garcia, Irwin Allen was a big favourite of mine when I was a wee thing.}

Now, time for a bit of Positive Irrationality. As a nearly 50-yr old who has had ME for longer than 5 years I am trying hard to ignore Paul Cheneys remarks about prognosis. :Retro mad:. No Paul, you are wrong and everyone on this site agrees with me, so there! and Aunty Judy is going to give me lovely treatments that will ensure my complete recovery soon. :tongue:

Right, back to the sofa:sofa:

OTH
  6. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    Posted by Kim;
    "Lily, it's the team aspect of transcribing that got me hooked. And look at how fast we got that done!!! I do think it's pretty remarkable for a bunch of sickies. We really do underestimate how powerful we are when we work together."

Maybe you guys have stumbled on a new treatment method. GTT- Graded Transcription Therapy!
  7. Lily

Lily *Believe*

Yeah, well we don't want to tell the shrinks, but throughout the illness, my fingers have stayed in tip top shape, AND they are very happy too!!!! Certainly has to be due to the daily exercise I maintain faithfully for them. There is just a wee problem with the thumbs......they tend to throw tantrums at regular intervals (OW!!!) clearly to try to get attention. Jealous of the others, no doubt:D
  8. calzy

calzy Senior Member

Naples Florida
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::Sign Good Job:..To all of you who took the time and energy to transribe, I know there is very little of that to go around.

MJ:sofa:
  9. julius

julius Watchoo lookin' at?

Canada
    Just add more spaces, your thumbs will love you for it!
  10. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    They're up on the Front Page. What an accomplishment! You guys are good! :victory::victory:
  11. Lynn

Lynn Senior Member

Hi Overthe Hills,

I so understand the feeling about Cheney's age theory. I first saw Dr. Cheney in 1997. I was 37 years old. Now I am turning 50 next week and wondering (irrationally, I know) why he couldn't have fixed everything back them! But I am still holding onto my faith that Dr. Judy is going to come up with the magic pill that makes it all better. Here's my new slogan: Peptide T for XMRV!

Lynn
  12. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
  13. Lily

Lily *Believe*

Ya, I noticed that Garcia. I think all the content is actually there, but numbered incorrectly and your section attirbuted to Kim and me. Also the date of the presentation is wrong, since it was actually Feb 20. Noticed this late last night, was gonna take another look this morning to make sure my eyes and brain were working, and then yank Cort's chain. Thanks!
  14. Parismountain

Parismountain Senior Member

South Carolina
    Again Dr. Judy was so convincing. I think she's got Cheney convinced too. Low quantities of affected blood cells make all the sense in the world why others are not finding it, they just aren't sure what the favorite cell line within out bodies XMRV lives in. Blood is probably not where the virus is thriving.

Can we talk about the tone of this teleconference? I like the tone.
  15. garcia

garcia Aristocrat Extraordinaire

London, UK
    Oops my bad! As you say they are all there, just wrongly attributed.

See more popular forum discussions.