• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free distant QiGong healing on Facebook

Sunday

SunnyGal, congrats on getting into the library. You're remembering to talk quietly and not handle the documents with sticky hands, right? And from personal experience I can tell you that at least one other brain-fogged person has gone in there to mine information and come back with a pretty empty sack - but every little bit counts.

DB, sorry if I was unclear about what that link entails, and your question made me go get another one I think will serve the purpose better: http://www.thegreattao.com/html/taoofrevitalization.html

The link above gives you excerpts from the Internal Exercise book (which you can buy at www.taohealingarts.com). The page has a rundown of the basic principles, an outline of the book, and a sample internal exercise, the Stomach Rubbing exercise (which I actually use quite a bit and think is good for us. It's good for our internal organs. And from the title you can tell that the physical effort required for some of these things is very small!). After that there are some testimonials.

I bought the book many years ago secondhand, and then later bought a second copy for lending because I recommended the Deer, Crane, and Turtle to so many people and got sick of photocopying and explaining the principles. I have found this book to be a good investment, both for myself and others I've passed it (or parts of it) along to.

I think I will try that FB QiGong healing, why not? Thanks for the link. I think this kind of energy can help in a number of ways. My feeling is that, the more angles I address this from, the better.

Sunday

Perhaps this is just my brainfogginess, but the closest thing I found was a free distance healing event that happened April 25, nothing upcoming. I got this by going to the lower left of the FB page. Was there somewhere else I should have looked?

oerganix

Perhaps this is just my brainfogginess, but the closest thing I found was a free distance healing event that happened April 25, nothing upcoming. I got this by going to the lower left of the FB page. Was there somewhere else I should have looked?

The facebook page says they do it, or have done it, weekly. You can sign up to be notified the next time they plan to do it by clicking the "like" button, (seems like it was blue) somewhere close to the top of the page. Hope this helps.

SunnyGal

The free sessions are scheduled randomly. He hasn't announced when the next one will be. I believe the weekly sessions are $99/month.

Sunny

leela

Hi Dr. Yes,

I learned a really simple Chi Gong practice that takes 15 minutes, and you can do it seated (there is also a lying down version you do only with your eyeballs and breath.)
It is a nice, easy way of circulating energy, using simple rotations of the hands, though I admit I do not do it every day, which is best. The wesbite (beware of cheesy music) is:
http://www.pangu.org/english/index.html
He does charge $100 though, which seemed a little steep to me at first, but is less than attending an ongoing class, which most of us can't do anyway...

i've done tai chi before, do what qui gong i am able to now and have had distant chi healing. also i had face to face chi healing from a tai chi "master" which was shockingly powerful. he introduced chi energy into my system by touching my wrist. it felt like having your own petrol tank filled to the brim. i can do some qui gong now but find things like chi healing , acupuncture etc are only possible when my gut is fairly good as it then seems like i can ground and use the energies...all great stuff....will check the fb group to...thx...

trollo

I read all of your discussions on chi kung. I read a book of Mantak Chia on the microcosmic orbit. I went to speak with a local chi kung teacher and he made a lot of talks on the fact that chi kung is not for healing if you are already sick because before you work with the chi you need to learn the simplier techniques and it takes years. I m really disappointed, also because my issues was partially due to bad side effects that meditation practice (TM) gave me. But i suspected i could have found some response like that.

invisiblejungle

I read all of your discussions on chi kung. I read a book of Mantak Chia on the microcosmic orbit. I went to speak with a local chi kung teacher and he made a lot of talks on the fact that chi kung is not for healing if you are already sick because before you work with the chi you need to learn the simplier techniques and it takes years. I m really disappointed, also because my issues was partially due to bad side effects that meditation practice (TM) gave me. But i suspected i could have found some response like that.

Hi Trollo, can you talk about what bad side effects you got from meditation? Just curious. TM = Transcendental Meditation?

trollo

Yes, transcendental meditation. At first it changed my life for better. But i developed later serious insomnia, hyperexctitation and uncrontallable behaviours, chest pain. In my opinion it also triggered medical issues that i probably already had in a latent form. It is well known among practitioners who REALLY know their work that meditation can trigger harms, it has something to do with the awakening of kundalini or what in the chi kung is called chi. TM instructors don t simply have the knowledge to deal with such things. Yoga and chi kung teachers should, but often don't...