• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Free distant QiGong healing on Facebook

SunnyGal

Has anyone done the free QiGong distant healing via Facebook? I did it for the first time this past month and had quite a remarkable experience. I don't know if it translates to any permanent healing, though. I'm definitely going to keep doing it.

Just wondering if anyone else had experience with this. Thanks! Sunny

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Hi Sunnygal,

I don't know that much about Qi Gong but was wondering...Do you know of any Qi Gong that can be done by someone with a severe case, i.e. can be done sitting down or even reclining, with minimal exertion?

btw you may break up your answer over 10 posts. ;)

ixchelkali

Sunnygal, I would put distant QiGong healing in the same catagory as other types of faith healing. I'm not saying it can't work, any more than I would tell someone that prayer can't work. But I think that at the least you would need to have faith in its efficacy. Personally, since I am skeptical, I'm inclined to think that the healing effects have to do with stress reduction and a sense of peacefullness. That can help your energy level even if it doesn't cure you.

Dr Yes, I have a QiGong CD called Bamboo Mountain Chi Kung which I used to do, and I found it very helpful. I adapted it myself, by doing the movements I could do sitting down. I haven't had enough energy the last several months to do it, but I'm hoping to get back to it. There is another one called Chi Kung for Health that is designed to be done seated, which I may get when I have clawed my way back out of this current crash. Also, if you search YouTube for "seated qigong" there are several, but I have no experience with them.

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Thanks Ix!

I'll have to check out the YouTube stuff. I was looking for something that would be easy to do even if you are in what most people would call a 'permanent' crash, but perhaps no such thing exists...?

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hi Dr Yes---

There is a local acupuncturist and chi kung teacher I know, who has several DVD's out. His name is Lee Holden. I asked him what he'd recommend for someone who is seriously ill with CFS and could only do a sitting routine. Here's his response. "I have a seated Qi Gong rountine on my Qi Gong for Seniors DVD. That would be a great practice for severe CFS. Also, the Qi Gong for Beginners can be done sitting down too."

His youtube videos are VERY brief, but at least you can see a sample of what he's like.

[video=youtube;Xyip2ZNZYI8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xyip2ZNZYI8&feature=related[/video]

Sunday

Dr. Yes, there is something you can do in permanent crash, and that is at least many of the Taoist Internal Exercises. The most important ones involve very little movement, but they are designed to move energy in beneficial ways, and in my experience, they do that. I found them when I had my first "uncurable" disease and they weren't the entire answer but they got me in enough shape so I could look around for more answers.

I confess I've been less than religious about doing them this time - I get bored and substitute some easy yoga or Tibetan exercises, then go back to the Taoist ones. But the Taoist ones are the easiest physically and in my opinion very beneficial for the energy exerted. I've adapted some of them to do lying down, you might want to play with that too.

If you're intersted, check out www.taohealingarts.com. That's Dr. Stephen T. Chang's site. He's both an MD and a trad Chinese dr. (so were his father and grandmother), and he has a book on the internal exercises. The ones you would probably want to concentrate on, at least at first, are the Turtle, the Deer, and the Crane (adapted for lying down). If you can't manage all of the internal exercise, whatever bits you can do can be beneficial, as I can attest. There's a lot to this Taoist stuff, and I've gotten great benefit out of even the tiny bits I use. The book also fills you in on some of the Taoist ways of looking at health and healing, very thought-provoking.

About distance healing: I have given and received it. Sometimes it helps more and sometimes less. I don't think it's a matter of "belief" so much as just receptivity. It's not as if you have to subscribe to some religion or go through some rigamarole to get the benefit. Healing energy is what all religions and spiritual practices are based on, but in itself it doesn't have any religious affiliations, it's much older and deeper than that. To me saying you have to believe in it is sort of like saying you have to believe in water to get the benefit of drinking it. All you really have to do is open up and take it in, and see what happens. Of course you wouldn't want to open to something that has ill intent or is trying to manipulate you, but given that, I wouldn't worry about belief much.

Dreambirdie

work in progress
If you're intersted, check out www.taohealingarts.com. That's Dr. Stephen T. Chang's site. He's both an MD and a trad Chinese dr. (so were his father and grandmother), and he has a book on the internal exercises. The ones you would probably want to concentrate on, at least at first, are the Turtle, the Deer, and the Crane (adapted for lying down). If you can't manage all of the internal exercise, whatever bits you can do can be beneficial, as I can attest. There's a lot to this Taoist stuff, and I've gotten great benefit out of even the tiny bits I use. The book also fills you in on some of the Taoist ways of looking at health and healing, very thought-provoking.

Hey Sunday--This is interesting. I've never heard of it. Which link is the one for the exercises you've mentioned?

About distance healing: I have given and received it. Sometimes it helps more and sometimes less. I don't think it's a matter of "belief" so much as just receptivity. It's not as if you have to subscribe to some religion or go through some rigamarole to get the benefit. Healing energy is what all religions and spiritual practices are based on, but in itself it doesn't have any religious affiliations, it's much older and deeper than that. To me saying you have to believe in it is sort of like saying you have to believe in water to get the benefit of drinking it. All you really have to do is open up and take it in, and see what happens. Of course you wouldn't want to open to something that has ill intent or is trying to manipulate you, but given that, I wouldn't worry about belief much.

I think that also some people are just much better at doing distance healing than others. They have the gift for that kind of thing, and others, no matter how much they study it, just don't have it. The same thing, in my experience, is true with Reiki--done directly on your body and not from a long distance. There are Reiki practitioners who are AMAZING in how they can channel energy, and some who just don't got it. It takes some investigation to find the ones who can work for you.

SunnyGal

Dr. Yes, it would seem that you've gotten a lot of good info from others, and as I know nothing about QiGong other than this distant healing I did once via Facebook, I'll say nothing more. Hmm, that does make it hard to break up my reply over 10 posts. ;-)

Ixchelkali, yes, I agree, the distant healing is definitely not a cure. It did interesting things to my energy levels over a week or more, though. I don't know that I've noticed any longer term change or shift, but it was fun, relaxing and entertaining so I plan to do it again. They are held right at the time I'm getting my kids ready for bed, so it's also an excellent excuse for me to let my husband do 100% of the getting ready for bed routine with my kids while I relax instead of being stressed out for a change. :D That alone does me a world of good!

So, no one here has checked out the Facebook QiGong distant healing?

Sunny

SunnyGal

Oh, and Dr. Yes, the distant healing requires only that you sit, lay down, or sleep even during the session. So, quite easy for those permanently crashed to do. I've no idea how this compares to actually doing QiGong, though. I'm off to look at that YouTube that Dreambirdie posted. Hey, looks like we've got some Californians posting on this thread. Don't suppose that has anything to do with the topic, does it? :)

Sunny

oerganix

Has anyone done the free QiGong distant healing via Facebook? I did it for the first time this past month and had quite a remarkable experience. I don't know if it translates to any permanent healing, though. I'm definitely going to keep doing it.

Just wondering if anyone else had experience with this. Thanks! Sunny

Can you give me the link to this? I'd really appreciate it. I've been doing Taoist meditation for decades and it makes all the difference to me, but never heard of distance healing with QiGong. pm me if need be.

leelaplay

I haven't checked out the site, and have no personal experience with distance healing, but I do have experience with chi gung. I find it fantastic for keeping energy moving and do it daily. Mostly I do it lying down and visualizing any movements now - and that works.

I don't have the references, but a friend of mine who teaches tai chi (a style which incorporates chi gung principles) said there are studies that show that visualizing tai chi moves have as much benefit as actually doing them. He taught a class to physically disabled, many in wheelchairs, most with restricted mobility.

Anyways, my personal experience is that this holds true for chi gung as well. And in addition to getting energy flowing, for me it is a powerrful mediatation time ass well - all of my brain shuts down as I visualize the energy flowing.

Trying chi gung: Two thumbs up. Highly recommended

SunnyGal

Can you give me the link to this? I'd really appreciate it. I've been doing Taoist meditation for decades and it makes all the difference to me, but never heard of distance healing with QiGong. pm me if need be.

You can search for "Qigong Distant Energy Healing" on Facebook and it should come up. The guy who does it has a website, too (I hope it's okay to post it here. If not someone can let me know and I'll delete it.): http://QigongEnergyHealing.com

Sunny

SunnyGal

I haven't checked out the site, and have no personal experience with distance healing, but I do have experience with chi gung. I find it fantastic for keeping energy moving and do it daily. Mostly I do it lying down and visualizing any movements now - and that works.

I don't have the references, but a friend of mine who teaches tai chi (a style which incorporates chi gung principles) said there are studies that show that visualizing tai chi moves have as much benefit as actually doing them. He taught a class to physically disabled, many in wheelchairs, most with restricted mobility.

Anyways, my personal experience is that this holds true for chi gung as well. And in addition to getting energy flowing, for me it is a powerrful mediatation time ass well - all of my brain shuts down as I visualize the energy flowing.

Trying chi gung: Two thumbs up. Highly recommended

I did Tai Chi for awhile and LOVED it. Was wondering if it was related to QiGong, so thanks for that info, Shrewsbury. And very interesting about visualizing the movements being as effective as doing them. I relate to this because when I was having severe depression from herxing I was doing MFT (similar to EFT, tapping) which worked great in clearing it up, but during the middle of the night when I'd wake up and couldn't go back to sleep due to disturbed emotions and was too tired to actually sit up and do the MFT I would visualize doing it and it always worked just as well. I could feel the same positive energy shifts clearing up my mood issues with visualizations. So, it makes sense to me that visualizing Tai Chi or QiGong would be similar.

Now, I'm going to have to either refresh my memory on Tai Chi or pick up some new QiGong movements. :)

Thanks! Sunny

Dr. Yes

Shame on You
Thanks very much DeeBee and Sunday :Retro smile:

I will definitely be checking out the stuff you've recommended.

Btw Sunnygal -- Looks like you don't need to break up posts anymore! But what are you doing here? You should be in the Li-i-i-ibrary.

SunnyGal

Heheheee, Dr. Yes. I got access but couldn't find it (typical CFSer, eh?) so I had to wait for Kim to point me to it on the XMRV party thread. But now, I'M IN!!!! Off to go read, read, read... heh, as if any of it is going to sink in, but hey, I'm in!!!! :) Now I feel like a real member of this forum. :D

Sunny

jewel

I will definitely try this, as I did do a chi gung class at one point, and found it helpful. J (also from N. CA)