Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Freddd Protocol Problems

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by sb4, Jun 24, 2016.

1. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    On monday I took 10mg metafolin and 10mg methylb12. I also take Lithium due to COMT issues. Had a headache and slightly poor sleep.

Tuesday night large shortness of breath and palpitations but slept it off.

Wednesday the palps where back so I decide it could be donut hole folate defficiency and upped metafolin to 30mg, thought I'd keep taking it till they went away but they never did. That night no shortness of breath but awful sleep and massive headache (methyl sensitivity).

So Yesterday I decided to stop the metafolin and last night had extreme shortness of breath, and palpitations, shivering, weakness, etc. Almost went to A and E. I tried taking 2mg folate but it didn't do anything.

What caused this? Was it donut hole folate deficiency? Too little B12?

If it was donut hole, how do I take enough folate without getting the neurotoxicity from bad COMT and methyl groups?

How do I reverse it?

Thanks for any help.

2. Justin30

Justin30 Senior Member

I had a Myer cocktail last week and they added extra B5 and B6 on top of the B complex and I have been a mess for a weak. Bad vision, horrible headaches, weakness, pain, etc.

matt3n likes this.
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Going from 10mg to 30mg folate is a big jump. Your symptoms might well be potassium deficiency.

matt3n likes this.
  4. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Could be but I have been taking lots of K+ for a while now.

5. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I saw a GP who sent me to A&E with high pulse and blood pressure however they found nothing there.

6. sb4

sb4 Senior Member

United Kingdom
    Has anyone with folate issues found a way to get @Freddd s protocol to work?

See more popular forum discussions.