• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Freddd Protocol Problems

sb4

On monday I took 10mg metafolin and 10mg methylb12. I also take Lithium due to COMT issues. Had a headache and slightly poor sleep.

Tuesday night large shortness of breath and palpitations but slept it off.

Wednesday the palps where back so I decide it could be donut hole folate defficiency and upped metafolin to 30mg, thought I'd keep taking it till they went away but they never did. That night no shortness of breath but awful sleep and massive headache (methyl sensitivity).

So Yesterday I decided to stop the metafolin and last night had extreme shortness of breath, and palpitations, shivering, weakness, etc. Almost went to A and E. I tried taking 2mg folate but it didn't do anything.

What caused this? Was it donut hole folate deficiency? Too little B12?

If it was donut hole, how do I take enough folate without getting the neurotoxicity from bad COMT and methyl groups?

How do I reverse it?

Thanks for any help.

Justin30

I had a Myer cocktail last week and they added extra B5 and B6 on top of the B complex and I have been a mess for a weak. Bad vision, horrible headaches, weakness, pain, etc.