• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Freddd protocol 2014 Cliff Notes

I already take a supplement with some active b12. Would I need to start with the inactive form? It doesn't seem necessary to do that in my case.

heyitisjustin

@wootah88 When I need K+ my heart feels heavy or fast, I might feel restless, a bit breathless, my eyes tend to look 'piggy', somehow too small. When I take K+, the symptoms are relieved almost immediately.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'piggy' eyes. There are days where my eyelids seem to vanish, perhaps collapsing on themselves. Is this a potassium problem?

heyitisjustin

I was wondering if anyone could clarify the amount of time supplements should be taken next to, or apart from one another. My understanding is that:

• Potassium at least 45mins apart from folate & B12
    • (Potassium interferes with absorption)
  • Folate 30+mins before B12
    • (because B12 absorbs better if taken after folate)
  • B-Complex When?

Also, why is it important to have a B-Complex that doesn't contain B12 or folate?
Vitamin C should also be taken away from Folate. In general supplements take ~45 minutes to absorb. That is why,for example, potassium is taken 45 apart from folate as potassium messes up folate absorption.

I think the B complex without B12/folate is trying to avoid SPECIFIC bad forms of b12 (cyanocobalamin?) and folate (folic acid).

ahmo

I'm not sure what you mean by 'piggy' eyes. There are days where my eyelids seem to vanish, perhaps collapsing on themselves. Is this a potassium problem?
You'll only know by taking some K+ and seeing if the symptom goes away. It's been a long time since I've had this symptom. These days I get something slightly different, which I label squinty eyes, when I need antioxidants. Tracking and identifying symptoms has been core to my healing. It's very individual.

picante

I think the B complex without B12/folate is trying to avoid SPECIFIC bad forms of b12 (cyanocobalamin?) and folate (folic acid).
And some of us have to micro-titrate methylfolate and methylB12, which we can't do if it's in a B-complex.

Also, some of us have to be able to adjust each B vit. independent of the others. I doubt that I'll ever find a B-comp that has the right ratio of all the Bs I need.