• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Freddd Help needed please

merylg

Hi Freddd,

I am having some success on your protocol which occurred when I titrated up on Country Life
Active B-12 Dibencozide.
I now want to try again to introduce Jarrow Formulas Methyl B-12.

What I want to know, is what would be reasonable doses of these two forms of B12 that I would be working towards as maintenance doses, beyond which it would be pointless taking more?

(Thinking of maintaining a certain level with regular small dosing of both, rather than say weekly or monthly large doses of Dibencozide)

Hope I make sense! Thanks for your help!

meryl

merylg

Yesterday I tried to re-introduce Methyl B-12 again. I seem to be sensitive to it. I woke late with what for me is a typical angioedema reaction, oxygen hunger, swelling in my throat and airways, dehydration, swelling of soles of feet and remembered having vivid nightmares. Not surprisingly the fatigue & brain fog are also really bad after a night like this!

This happens overnight whenever I take Methyl B-12 sub-lingual. I have tried different brands; Holistic Health Methylmate B and Jarrow Formulas Methyl B-12 5000 mcg, on separate occasions.

So now I will go back to try just adding Holistic Health MegaDrops Hydroxy B12 (to Adenosyl B12 Dibencozide, and the rest of the protocol supplements). Wondering now whether doing this will overdrive one part of the methylation cycle?????? Any comments???

I know a lot of people have problems starting up on Methyl B12, but for me it compromises my breathing so it's not an option to continue.

Yesterday I tried to re-introduce Methyl B-12 again. I seem to be sensitive to it. I woke late with what for me is a typical angioedema reaction, oxygen hunger, swelling in my throat and airways, dehydration, swelling of soles of feet and remembered having vivid nightmares. Not surprisingly the fatigue & brain fog are also really bad after a night like this!

This happens overnight whenever I take Methyl B-12 sub-lingual. I have tried different brands; Holistic Health Methylmate B and Jarrow Formulas Methyl B-12 5000 mcg, on separate occasions.

So now I will go back to try just adding Holistic Health MegaDrops Hydroxy B12 (to Adenosyl B12 Dibencozide, and the rest of the protocol supplements). Wondering now whether doing this will overdrive one part of the methylation cycle?????? Any comments???

I know a lot of people have problems starting up on Methyl B12, but for me it compromises my breathing so it's not an option to continue.

Hi Merylg,
Did you take the entire 5000 mcg? I have to start very low and slow, so that sounds like a recipe for disaster to me personally. I started with less than a 1/4 of a 1,000 mcg sublingual. It took two weeks to get over the excitoxicity. After 4 months on the protocol, I can now take 500 mcg without ill effects. This low slow approach worked for me with Mb12, Adb12, biotin, B2, P5P, and zinc. It did not work with TMG, l carnitine fumarate, Sam-e, potassium, b-complex, and multi vitamins. I wouldn't give up entirely until you have tried diluted specks. Some of our bodies are just much more sensitive. I've had doctors swear that things I have taken should NOT cause the reactions that I claim. So sad, but true, that they think they know our bodies better than we do.

merylg

Hi Merylg,
Did you take the entire 5000 mcg? I have to start very low and slow, so that sounds like a recipe for disaster to me personally. I started with less than a 1/4 of a 1,000 mcg sublingual. It took two weeks to get over the excitoxicity. After 4 months on the protocol, I can now take 500 mcg without ill effects. This low slow approach worked for me with Mb12, Adb12, biotin, B2, P5P, and zinc. It did not work with TMG, l carnitine fumarate, Sam-e, potassium, b-complex, and multi vitamins. I wouldn't give up entirely until you have tried diluted specks. Some of our bodies are just much more sensitive. I've had doctors swear that things I have taken should NOT cause the reactions that I claim. So sad, but true, that they think they know our bodies better than we do.

Hi therron,

Thanks so much for your reply. Yes I probably took too much! I'll try going back to low and slow. Thanks for your encouragement to persevere. I don't think very rationally when I have a setback like this!

meryl

I should point out that "MethylMate B" is not a methyl-b12 supplement, it's a folate supplement (L5-methyl tetrahydrofolate, also known here as methyl folate or metafolin).

Potassium IS in my Holistic Health Neuro Health Formula multi, but maybe it's not enough?

If you're following Freddd's protocol, it almost certainly won't be enough. The Holistic Health Neurological Health Formula contains 5mg of Potassium (not sure if that's per tablet or per 6 tablets serving ..?), whereas I've found I need to supplement at least 500mg a day to keep the low potassium symptoms at bay.

This post explains why this may be.

merylg

If you're following Freddd's protocol, it almost certainly won't be enough. The Holistic Health Neurological Health Formula contains 5mg of Potassium (not sure if that's per tablet or per 6 tablets serving ..?), whereas I've found I need to supplement at least 500mg a day to keep the low potassium symptoms at bay.

This post explains why this may be.

Hi FogLeg,

Thanks for your reply. I read the link and now understand why so much extra potassium is needed when Methylation gets underway. I also read the surrounding links re Sodium.

meryl