• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

FREDD - questions re BP and potassium

richvank

My Urologist wants me to take KDur to cut down the kidney stones I continue to make. My Citrate level is low. I took about half the dosage he wanted and got spooked after talking to a pharmacist about how overdose is irreversable. I know he will take blood tests but I am still so afraid to take it every day. I take a lot of supplements but this one scares me. I have been trying to drink plenty of lemon/lime water and some Apple Cider Vinegar. Urologists really like using the K Dur, they say it is very effective. Scary though.

Any advice?

Hi, Sally.

Have you had your kidney stones analyzed to see what they are composed of? If they are oxalate stones, there may be some things you can do to prevent them. Susan Owens, who runs the Yahoo trying low oxalates group, has put a lot of study into this, and some PWCS are reporting that correcting an oxalate problem is helping them

Best regards,

Rich

Sallysblooms

P.O.T.S. now SO MUCH BETTER!
Yes, we have done the testing. I have the most common ones. Calcium oxalate I guess. My problem is genetic for sure. Urine is not acid enough. Low Citrate level. I will look at the site, thank you Rich. I have had this problem for a few years, FOUR Lithotripsies and now the ureteroscopy and stent. Nightmare. I can't WAIT to tell my doctor that I should have been warned about what happens most of the time after stent removal. I am not happy.....the pain started two hours later, like clockwork. Most people have this....ER, etc....

I have got to get this under control!